Secret Of A Walk With Christ.
by Olawale Ogunsola

Christian walk is an interesting one although it is full of challenges that cannot be avoided. There was a discussion between some ministers of God some years ago on this prayer point that goes thus,
“Lord, where I am pleasing you, do not allow Satan to spoil it.”


They all agreed that we, all believers, must please the Lord alone and at all the time as well as in everything. They all agreed that as a child, everybody needs to grow into Christ's full stature but it is not a day's job nor a year's work. It should be gradual and steady. A growing child after attaining a stage of growth should not fall back to a lower level of growth. For instance, a walking child should never go back to crawling stage again. God forbid!


Pleasing the Lord is a secret that every believer should learn and apply Jesus Christ asserts in John 8:29,
“And he that sent me is with me, the father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.”KJV (NEW King James Version).


It is a top secret! pleasing the Father alone! It is a task to be done and a goal to be attained by any serious Believer.
This prompted me to ask a hundred years old man of God in January 2020, “Sir what is the secret of your smooth and ease in ministry ditto walk with the Lord?”


He smiled and happily answered ,
“There are four things that really help me. These are obedience to His instructions, both written in the Holy Bible and specific, not written in the Scriptures. The second is faith. The third is meditation in the word of Lord, while giving is the fourth.”


Which of this four is disputable? They are like other Christian weapons, effective and unfailing.
Let us support each of the man - of-God's secret with the Scripture to assist my reader to apply (employ) same in addition to what you engage in now. That is to add these four secrets to those you already have that you may please Him more.


Secret Number One,:OBEDIENCE. The book of Isaiah 1:19 states,
" if ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.”
Can you see what obedience can yield, good of the land? How many? It is not stated.
Good is good. It is, by implication, every good of the land.
If you want a list of what good entails, open your Holy Bible to Deuteronomy 28:2-13. It contains a catalogue of goods (blessings) available to anyone who is obedient. Verses one and fourteen also speaks of obedience.


Secret number two :FAITH. It is the main stain of every Believer. Hebrew 11:6 puts it bluntly,
“But without faith it is impossible to please him =for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”


Note that we have be discussing pleasing our Maker.


Secret number three :MEDITATION IN THE WORD OF GOD. This Life Instructional Mannual speaks life to every reader. An advise given to Joshua the son of Nun was. “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shall meditate there in day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written there in - for then thou shall make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ” Joshua 1:8.
Meaningful? Observable? Relevant?
Secret number four :GIVING. This weapons also never fails. The Scriptures states thus,
“Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give unto your blossom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Luke 6:38.
What a good God we serve. Proverbs 19:17 corroborate this when it States,
“He that hath pity unto the poor lendeth unto the Lord, and that which he had given will he pay him again.”
Halleluiah!
These secrets and others that are efficient and effective can be put into action and the result will be marvellous. It is profitable to please the Lord, at all times.


Now, have you taken time, to examine your Christian life to see where you satisfy your Father in heaven? Please, do this and be consistent. There are others that you can add to these four.

 

Do not forget, prayer, praises, sacrificial service, etc are effective and efficient weapons available for use. Go and please the Lord!
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord Jesus.
Shalom!

 



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print