Some Days I Feel Like Spiderman
by Claudette Wood

I watched Spiderman2 with the grandkids the other night. Not long into the story I got the impression this was a very unhappy superhero. You see, in order to perform his superhero activities, Spiderman had to give up many things that make up a normal lifethe girl he loved, the inability to keep a regular schedule, enough sleep, etc.

Now, Im not a superhero, but some days I feel like Spiderman. After a night of broken sleep by one or more of the grandkids (they live with us), or a day of sickness which throws all plans out the window, or canceling dinner plans with my husband because our daughter is called in to work at the last minute (and you know who has to baby sit), I just feel drained, empty. As well, just recently Ive become a member of the sandwich generationtaking care of young children AND caring for the needs of an ailing mother. And I feel like asking, as Spiderman did, What am I supposed to do? Do I never get what I want?"

Before you respond with suggestions to quit whining, let me inform you that I know the movie storyline has a happy ending. Finally, Spiderman gets recognized for his good deeds, and he gets the girl. When he again flies off to be a superhero, hes a happy and willing hero.

Someday life may settle down. Or maybe it wont. I dont remember God promising me anything different for my life. I whine sometimes, because Im human and I get tired. In the rare quiet moments, though, I remember and trust the promises of God.

You see, Ive read the BookI know the ending. I know that weeping may last for a night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5). I am to do the work God has called me to do. As a woman, a wife and a mother, the list is long and the hours are longer. I believe and trust in Gods timing. With His help, I can do this.

-October 19, 2005

Claudette Wood began writing poetry and short articles over 25 years ago. She writes from real life experiences and situations, and someday hopes to publish a book about the lessons she has learned from life. All materials are the sole property of Claudette H. Wood.
www.chwood.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print