My Two Dads
by Cherie Ballog

My father is buried in a cemetery just down the street from my home. I visit him faithfully on his birthday, holidays or whenever I feel a pressing need to talk with him.

I miss my father tremendously. He was my teacher, my provider, my protector. I was devasted when he died. 

"How will I go on?" I asked a coworker one day during our lunch break. 

"You know, you still have your Heavenly Father," she responded, "and He will look out for you now."

Later that evening I went to visit my father at his grave. 

"Dad," I said, "I know you love me and I know you didn't want to leave this earth not knowing if I was cared for but now I know that I have TWO fathers in Heaven holding hands and watching over me. Thank you, Dad, for teaching me how to be a good Christian and a responsible adult and thank you Heavenly Father for giving me the best Dad a girl could ever hope for and for continuing the job he started here on Earth."

2 Corinthians 6:18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."-MEV

Prayer:Father in Heaven, thank you for always looking over your children here on Earth and please hold the hands of our loved ones in Heaven until we can meet them again.



Cherie Ballog is a writer who is proud to call the great state of Ohio "home sweet home".

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print