Who Is Your God?
by Olawale Ogunsola

     "Those who make them are like them,
so is everyone who trusts in them. Psalm 115:8 NKJV(NEW King James Version).
"And it shall be like people like priest..." Hosea 4:9a. NKJV.


In summary, it means those who are god makers are like those gods they made so is everyone who trusts and acts as priests for those gods.
One of the Fundamental Human Rights in today's world is the freedom of worship. Meaning that every person is free to worship whoever or wwhatever he has chosen to. Who will say that this is not good? Who knows what would have happened if this has not been in place? Those who kills, maims and kidnaps those who do not practice their religion would have done worsse.
Not withstanding, the scheme is ongoing today, although not known to many inhabitants of the earth, they have been forced by this right to worship a beast. That is one world religion, which is being planned. This is not the core of this message. What I am here to discuss with you, my reader, is who do you worship? In order words, in whom do you put your trust? The personality you trust will surely have a very strong influence on you and all that you are as well as, if not all, then many of what you have.


Read the description of what (who) certain folks put their trust in, in Psalm 115:
4. Their idols are siver and gold,
The works of men's hands.
5. They have mouths but they do not speak,
Eyes they have, but they do not see;
6. They have ears, but they do not hear.
Noses they have, but they do not smell,
7. They have hands, but do not handle,
Feet they have, but they do not walk,
Nor do they mutter through their throat. "


These are the attributes of those "gods" designed by mankind. They keep themselves occupied by worshipping the works of their hands.


At the best, these images can be described as being of no value. Useless, you say? You are not wrong at all. Every part of their design work, eyes, noses, throat, hand, feet and mouths are not functioning. Of what value are those parts?


It is not their fault Creator of heaven and earth had designed them as object only but mankind decided to turn them into an object of worship.
Holy Scriptures speak of three groups of people who are connected with "gods" made by man.


1. Those who fashioned them. Every person whose main or auxiliary duty is to design an idol is like that idol he had made. The idols are useless so those who designed them are not useful. The time invested in that work can be better spent in other profitable ventures.


2. Those who are ordained priests of such idols or "gods" are also of the same status, useless, as the one whom they represent. A dumb "god" will have a dumb priest, or what do you think. A messenger who has no message is of no value. The boss has no message, the messenger cannot have a message. He is as is boss.


3. Those who trust in them. To trust in someone who has feet but cannot walk is self - deceit. If you send him on an errand, how will he get there? He has mouth for decoration, no word can ever come out of it. How will he deliver your message? Therefore, whoever trust in a dumb "god" is also dumb. He has no one who can speak or acts on his behalf.


A BETTER GOD
The Psalmist reveals, "But our God is in heaven.
He does whatever He pleases." Psalm 115:3. 


He is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. He has mouth and can speak well. Hear Him in Isaiah 45:18

"for thus says the Lord,Who created the heaven,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it.
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
"I am the Lord, and there is no other."


The options are before you now: To choose and trust in a Living God or a dumb idol that you have to carry about because he cannot work.
My candid advice is that you return to your Maker who had made you in His image and likeness to represent Him on the surface of the earth, and to dominate the earth and all its contents. You can be like Him.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the saints.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print