As Seen on TV
by Cherie Ballog

Years ago, my husband went through a phase where he bought every "As Seen on TV" product he saw advertised on commercials. First, there was the Flowbee that promised barber-quality haircuts from the comfort of home (courtesy of our vacuum cleaner!). Then came Hair in a Can which was basically spray paint that he used to helped cover up the bald spots his Flowbee fiasco created. It washed out in a rainstorm and left permanent stains on his brand new white buttondown workshirt. Then the postman delivered the Ambervision sunglasses my husband ordered to conceal his identity after his hair products failed. The glasses did a good job of that because the lenses were so large they covered half of his face! His friends started calling him Elton John.

"Why do you buy all of that garbage?" I asked him one day out of frustration.

"Because the salesmen suck me in," he replied. "They always sound so convincing."

Have you ever put your trust in men only to be disappointed?

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.-KJV

Try putting your trust in the Lord today and seeing what promises He keeps.

Prayer: Father in Heaven, let us place our trust in you today and forever more because you alone are the only one who truly keeps His promises.



Cherie Ballog is a writer who is proud to call the great state of Ohio "home sweet home".

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print