Marriage:Improvement Or Replacement?
by Olawale Ogunsola

"for the Lord God of Israel says
That He hates divorce,
for it covers one's garment with
violence,"
says the Lord of hosts,
Therefore take heed to your
spirit
That you do not deal
treacherously. " Malachi 2;16 New King James Version.
Above quoted verse reveals the heart of the Lord God, who master planned the institution called "marriage". He did not design it as a temporary thing to engage in.

 

It is to be contracted permanently. That is why He hates divorce. There is a very close affinity between divorce and violence.
Every Judge who hears a marital case is interested in a way to settle it amblicably so the couple can go back home to sustain their relationship.

 

On the other hand, when violence has crept in and either or both parties may wound or lose his or their lives, the Judge will allow them to go in their different ways, no matter the age of the marriage or people involved.

 


Should divorce be the end of any marriage? No!
There is a wide difference and gap between a tenant and landlord or a house owner.
A tenant who occupies a building pays the owner a certain sun of money on a regular interval to renew his tenancy. A tenancy agreement is also involved to know the terms that spells the continuity of the relationship.

 

Any clause that is not conformed with by either party can put an end to the tenancy.
Do you know what? A tenant can decide to vacate a building he occupies if he identifies a fault on the building. He may not be concerned about how to put it in an habitable condition. He easily thinks of a better building that will satisfy him.

 

If the one he leaves behind collapses, he is not bothered. It is the headache of the owner.
On the other hand, the owner of the building has no place to run to. He will rather find all means to ensure that his building stands sure.

 


He will not leave any stone unturned to maintain the building to his expected standard. He will find all means to adjust all the things that need adjustments. He also thinks of where he has been negligent in his duty that cause a crack in the building.
So it is with marriage.
The book of Proverbs 14:1 puts it straight,
"The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
Any woman who sees her home as a place where she can call it quit at anytime the husband violates any of her rules is a tenant there. She is called a fool by Proverbs 14 :1(b). Each day, she looks for and thinks of "a better house" to occupy. Any little problem is enough to send her packing.

 


On the other hand, a house owner who does not think or look for alternative will think and look for what next he should do to ensure that her house stands strong, and forever.
She thinks and look for areas of improvement rather than an easier replacement. She will begin from herself, what do I do that is not good enough? What do I need to do that I have failed to do? Am I ready to rectify every mistake of the past to put on a new leaf? How soon do I start? Ability to identify your area of weakness and adjust will be of great value and can stabilise your home.

 


Where you are sure every effort has been put in place and yet things still fall apart, James 1:5 advises,
"if any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." The Lord's granted wisdom never fails. It works very well. Let me cheap in this story : A man came home one day to inform his wife to expect a divorce paper any time from that day. The wife agreed but only requested a three month grace before bringing the paper(s). This woman started to pray for those three months.

 


At the end of the third month, the wife reminded the husband that he could go ahead to file every paper for divorce as promised three months ago. Do you want to know the husband's response? He said,
"Who told you I want to divorce you. Where did you hear it?"
The couple stayed together forever. Think and look for improvement not replacement.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print