Evacuation Mandatory
by PamFord Davis

Life on the Gulf Coast is not always paradise; residents face the reality of nature. That means they accept the possibility of Hurricanes. Emergency management officials issue hurricane watches and then warnings; ‘Evacuation Mandatory.’

The evacuation routes are designated; streets and highways are properly marked. When the evacuation mandate is heeded, residents and tourists flee to safety. Yet, many people underestimate the seriousness of storm threats. They decide to hunker down and ride out the storm. It can mean serious injuries or loss of life. Will we heed ‘God’s’ warnings?

Evil spiritual forces are real. Will we flee?

Sin destroys individuals, families, communities and nations. God has given us His evacuation route. He has made a way of escape.

“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13 HCSB).”

I don’t have to face life's storms alone. Jesus leads me safely to the evacuation route and away to safety.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print