The Latter Rain - Africa
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Let us now fear [love, respect and obey] the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season . . . Jeremiah 5:24 (KJV)

With so many life-changing things focusing our attention elsewhere right now, let us refocus for a moment upon the great work that the Lord is doing in Africa.

Like the life-giving "latter" (spring) rains that the Lord "yarad" (pours down) upon down upon all things so that life could continue, there is a spiritual rain being poured down upon centuries of spiritual drought across the continent of Africa.

It is the Gospel soaking the hearts and minds of young people and it is being welcomed and gladly received everywhere.

For the most part, those who are a part of the lead in the sharing of the Gospel are young women from from the remote rural areas who do so following their own understanding and acceptance of Jesus as their personal Savior.

Let us pray for and encourage this great work to continue. It proceeds at a pace that now makes Africa the first continent to become the majority Christian (over 50%) in a single century.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print