KINDNESS, A VALUE OVERLOOKED
by Lupie Riley

KINDNESS, A VALUE OVERLOOKED

Freelance writer Lupie Riley

Thought:  Recently I was surfing through the net and came upon a photo of a policeman washing the feet of a homeless man.  The act of humility and kindness that the world could embrace more often.  With riots burning and stealing merchandise from small businesses how can this be a show of solidarity and respect for the man that died?

Does this incident allow radicals to take over towns?  What happens to those who just want to protest peaceably?  Their voices are lost in the shouts and actions of those whose goal is to steal, kill and destroy.  These traits are from the Evil one who incites these rioters to do just that.

Just because of one man’s actions does this make all police officers bad?  One rotten apple in the bushel does not taint the whole bushel.  What the police academy’s need to do is vet those they accept in for training and make sure they don’t have a record or tendency toward violence.    

There lived a God/man 2,000 years ago that continually demonstrated humility and kindness by his actions.  Many of his deeds involved healing of the sick, feeding of 5,000 hungry people, casting out demonic spirits, raising Lazarus from the dead, changing water into wine so the wedding celebration could continue, healing the  leprous, the untouchables, and the list is too many to count.

 This act the policeman performed was a Jesus deed.  It was an act of kindness and respect for a fellow human being.  If the mindset of America could embrace this value of kindness you would not see what we see on television.  It would be the healing balm for those who live in hate everyday of their life.  Through Jesus love all hate, violence and murder would cease.  It takes an inward change of heart that would bring peace back into our country, but it can only be done through a personal relationship with Christ, the God/man.  

Prayer:  Father God, help America come back to their foundation, a country built on your principals and moral values.  We live in chaotic times, but you tell me I am not to live in fear but of power, love and a sound mind.  I claim this promise today not only for myself but for all believers who want your will to be done in their life.  Amen

Verse:  Phill. 4:6,7 “Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.”



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print