BALL AND CHAIN BONDAGE
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance writer  Lupie Riley

Thought:  How many of us feel like we carry the weight of the world on our backs?  So many decisions to make, problems to solve, uncertainties about the future and commitments of our time.  These are all part of our daily lives but what about the heaviest load some of us carry for months and even years?

The ball and chain called unforgiveness is a heavy weight that keeps us from experiencing the abundant life that God offers to everyone.

For me that ball and chain I carried for too many years was the presumption that my mother had deserted me when I needed her the most.  It never occurred to me that I could have been released from this ball and chain through one simple action, forgiveness.  But it was not that easy.  It took a supernatural power to give me the ability to forgive no matter what the emotional abuse, desertion, or lack of support I had experienced. 

We cannot extend our forgiveness in the fleshly, carnal nature.  It is near impossible to do.  It takes the supernatural power of Jesus within to reach out to those that left a deep wound in our hearts and mind.  We need to remind ourselves that Jesus reached out to us while we were yet sinners to forgive and forget our past indiscretions.  He took upon himself the sins of the world and paid the price we deserved.  He can set us free from the ball and chain of emotion we have lived with for years, but it takes His power to reach out to those individuals in forgiveness freeing us up to live out the rest of our life that is pleasing to Him.  Will you allow Christ to reach out to those who have hurt you with forgiveness so that you can be free from the ball and chain that has kept your emotions in bondage?

Prayer:  Father God, it’s impossible in my carnal nature to forgive those who have hurt me but your power, through me, reaching out in forgiveness will free me up from the emotional bondage I have lived in for too long.  I know it doesn’t mean we have to interact with them again but it’s a healing step we take for ourselves so we can be spiritually productive for your purpose.  Amen

Verse:  Math. 6:9-13 “And forgive us our debts (sins) as we also have forgiven our debtors (those who have hurt us). “



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print