A Testimony of Coming to Jesus
by Kathleen Angell

I love to read testimonies about how people came to know the Lord Jesus. It is always so wonderful to me. Here is my story. Years ago, I felt a pull on me to know God. I walked out onto our porch and looked to the night sky as if looking to heaven, and said, "I would believe in You, if I could, but I can't" And I couldn't. The mind of people is blinded. And fools don't believe in God. The Bible refers to these two things and I know that now. But it was a prayer and the Lord is so good, He was drawing me and was kind enough to hear that prayer. For one year, everything went wrong. My family was sick, and I was sick. The more I sought to know the meaning of my life, the more I got involved with things that are not based on truly knowing the Lord, but the occult, and I opened myself and my family up to what was not of God, and both me and my family were very sick. I'd opened the doors of my life up to destructive forces. At the end of one year, I knew something was trying to kill  me. And oddly, by that, (God's grace) I KNEW there was a GOD to save me and I knew He was a Savior, to save me. I was overjoyed with this thought. It meant so much to me. To know that God truly existed was the most wonderful thing in all my life and I knew He was the One Who could save me. A blind man couldn't miss all the Lord was doing. He brought people into my life divinely to lead me to Him, to be there with me, to share with me, to lead me to Jesus, His Son, and to pray for me. To tell me about salvation which is through God's Son, Jesus. And to pray for me for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that He had for me. The Lord divinely brought to me, a woman, who took me to a friend's house and they led me in a prayer to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I received the Baptism spoken about in the New Testament on the same day. Just as it is described in the Bible, in the book of Acts (of the Apostles). My life has never been the same since. I received Jesus, the Son of God, as my Savior and Lord. Suddenly, I began to know Him, personally. I had a constant drawing of the love of God on me from God to draw me closer and closer to Him, to know Him. In that year before I knew the Lord, all my family had gotten very, very sick. We had contracted a parasite called giardia. But no one knew what it was. When it was found, by a technician taking it on himself to check for it (that was a miracle) we had the worst case they'd ever seen. I had to be carried out of my house unconscious to the hospital. My kids had it. They were able to take the medication and I wasn't able to take it, nor the next medication. I simply couldn't take the medicines for this. I don't remember being afraid. I was so happy to know the Lord. I just remember talking to the Lord about the sickness. I had a new baby and two little kids besides. I was just worried about them, and about my dear husband,  if I wouldn't be there to take care of them. I was concerned for this. I was sitting in our living room, with a group of friends we knew, some atheists, none Christians, just who we knew. It didn't matter. I heard the Lord speak to me, audibly. He said, "Ask me for healing, but don't waver." I said, "I'm asking You for healing, and I'm not wavering." And down on top of me poured like a golden oil, over and over and over. The first time it went through me, it pushed something out and I could feel it doing so. After that, it kept pouring on me for days, every time I thought of the Lord. I knew I was healed, and went and got a test, and it was gone. Praise God. The Lord began healing my family. They were all sick with various things. Epilepsy, ashma, an umbilical hernia. Many things and the Lord healed them all. The umbilical hernia disappeared over night when we prayed. God continued to heal us, be there for us everyday, so clearly, so present, so much Love. He has remained with me everyday through everything, every day of my life. He drew my husband to him. He healed our home. The most wonderful day without Jesus is not even to be compared to the hardest day we could ever have, with Him. He bears my sorrows, and is present with me each day. When I am down, He is my strength. He is truly my portion forever. Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father. We love Him, and to Him be all glory, forever.



My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print