STAGE TWO OF A LASTING MARRIAGE
by Olawale Ogunsola

 Attachment (The wall of the building)
It has been made known in the first stage of a lasting marriage that a four-letter words (Love) is the foundation of every lasting marriage. Where this is truly the case, the marriage will not only stand but it will strongly stand.

The foundation of every building directly dictate how long it (the marriage) will stand or remain. The stronger the foundation the better the building (marriage).

If the foundation of a marriage is very strong, then it will grow into the next stage, which is ATTACHMENT. This stage is very important. It can also be called a period of blissful coupledom. So long the foundation is true love, nothing can move or distabilise the marriage. During this period, the work is tremendous, it is the afternoon of the couple's life when the sun is very well at its work, when everywhere there is light. Jesus also asserts that He must do His work when it is day because the night comes when no one can work, John 9:4. The attachment time is a time to know each other more. True pictures of the couples' personalities will be revealed and handled with love. Weakness and area of strength are identified, covering and strengthening takes place at this stage of marriage.

Attachment Stage is the cleaving stage. Stage one is the leaving stage where a man in love leaves his parents, Genesis 2:24a. Why must he leave his parents? Simple! It is the lady who left her own parents to come to the man's house. So, if she can do this, the man must follow the same step for attachment to take place. It is the plan of God and His command is,
"Listen, O daughter,
Consider and incline your ear,
Forget your own people also, and
Your father's house." Psalm 45:10 NKJV (New King James Version).

That is the reason a man must also prepare to leave all his own people to join or cleave to his wife. In other words, this is equivalent to a lady leaving her father's house to form her own house with her husband. The husband must also leave his father's house to form his own house with his wife.

For instance, when Rebecca left her father's house, Gen 24:57-61, to join her husband, Isaac, it is on record that
"Then Isaac brought her into his mother's Sarah tent, and he took Rebecca and she became his wife, and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother's death" Genesis 24.

Jacob, the second child of this family made on interesting statement during his service year with his uncle, Laban. He said, "when shall I also provide for my house? (Gen 30:30).
The cleaving stage is a time to settle down to plan and execute together how the couple's home will be. It is time to unite to achieve success in love. There can be no cleaving (attachment) without leaving, detachment! The leaving makes provision for cleaving to avoid loneliness. If Isaac found a mother in Rebekah, Rebekah must also find a father in Isaac. That is oneness. They are like identical twins who do things together.

In the house of Jacob the son of Isaac, Leah, the first wife who was hated by her husband because of a fault that was not hers, she was a victim of threachery, appreciated the value of cleaving when she said,
"Now this time my husband will become attached to me, because
I have borne him three sons," Genesis 29:34.

Leah craved attachment but she did not get it from Jacob, but she got a better one in the Lord, her God. In her words when she gave birth to her fourth son she said,
"Now I will praise the Lord." Gen 29:35.

Is there any reason for attachment to becoming one? Yes, there is!
Malachi 2:15 educates us,
"But did not He not make them one.
Having a remnant of the spirit?
And why one?
He seeks godly offering.
Therefore take heed to your spirit,
And let none deal treacherously
With the wife of his youth" Malachi 2:15. NKJV

From Biblical records, it can be discovered that every marriage where the couple have been attached together to be a very fertile land for God to plant His seeds that will bring good yields, godly children. The children will also be integrated into the family in love, thereby creating "a threefold cords" that will not be easily broken. " Ecclessiates 4:12.
Have you cleaved to your wife or husband. Where there is attachment, there cannot be divorce or suicide.
Stay blessed and prepared for the Lord's coming soon.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print