Are You A Wife Or An Excursionist?
by Olawale Ogunsola

"This is the way of an adulterous
woman:
She eats and wipes her mouth,
And says, 'I have done no
wickedness'" Proverbs 30:20. New Kings James Version (NKJV).

To go on excursion is very common with educational institutions. They do this for various reasons. Among these are to enhance the knowledge of their students ; to confirm what they have learnt in theory, i.e to see it in practice. Not only this, it changes the orientation of many of the students. It gives rich experiences in various forms and places visited.

Another thing associated with going on an excursion is that it lasts for a period of time. It can take place for a day, or more. Sometimes it can run into a week or more, depending on many factors. Irrespective of the number of days or weeks spent on an excursion, everyone will go back to his abode. The sweet experiences may linger on in the memory of every participants. There may not be another opportunity to have a repeat of such an excursion regularly, as one wishes. In any case, who is a marital excursionist? Their purpose of venturing into marriage is to stay there for a season. They enter into a marriage contract only to pack out at any time she wishes. Do you know what? They can set packing at any given excuse, no one is too flimsy to them.

As at the time of writing this piece, I remember the experience of a widower with a widow. What happened?

After the losses of their loved ones, the two were brought together by fate. They agreed to engage each other in marriage which ran into a few years. The man was sincere and truthful in their dealings. He spent and was spent on all that concerned this woman.

To cut a long story short, when the woman's last child graduated from the University, she was left with nothing as financial responsibility. She has "sown", she only expects "reaping". Do you know what? She started a quarrel hinged on "he wants to kill me". Every effort made to know "how" he wanted to "kill" her proved abortive. Certain people who wanted to settle the "rift" insinuated "over sex" by the man, she denied this too. Finally, they left each other, for good.

Is she a wife or an excursionist? A marital excursionist who goes about sampling men is as good as an adulterer. Or do you see it differently? If you correct her, she is ready to ignite the fire of rift. Proverbs 30:20 speaks of her, denial of what she has done.

Contrarily, a wife is different. She is not a "sample officer" in love matters she has not only given her heart to her God and a man from God to live with for the rest of her life, she has left all her people to become a member of her husband's family. She never think of going back to her father's house or renting her own apartment to live all by herself to play hostess to as many suitors as possible.

A wife not only leaves her father's house, she cleaves to her man in love. She does not look for any excuse to jettison the family. Her love covers every wrongdoing of the man, the husband. Proverbs 31:12 crowns it thus,
"She does him (husband) good and not evil
All the days of her life."

Beloved reader, does this verse hold true about you? You know the thoughts in your heart towards your husband. Your thoughts dictates your actions, all your actions. Are they thoughts of good and not evil. Do you think and seek the peace of your home? Do not trouble your home so that you will not inherit vanity. Please ask yourself "Am I an excursionist or a wife in my home?" If you are not yet married ; you can still ask yourself, "Am I going to be an excursionist or wife to a man?"
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print