Our Concerns
by PamFord Davis

America is facing troubling times.

A pandemic plagues us; cities deal with violence and division lines widen.

Unemployment numbers indicate the high cost of Coronavirus shutdowns. Many mom and pop businesses will never reopen; bankruptcy and closure reveals the status of once successful chain stores. Americans have true cause for concern.

Daily statistics concern us. They are not merely numbers. Each statistic represents flesh and blood individuals and families. We care about our neighborhoods, cities, states and the nation as a whole. Yes, we are concerned. These are perilous times; the problems touch us personally. Family members and friends are hurting. We love them; we love the USA. 

God repeatedly tells us not to worry. We don’t need to be afraid.

Yet, He knows we will worry. At times, we will be afraid.

What then? What will I do; what will you do?

“When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You (Psalm 56:3 NASB).”

God cares.

The LORD hears the cries of His people; He knows ours concerns.

“The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands (Psalm 138:8 NASB).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print