SURE BENEFITS FOR EVERY CHILD
by Olawale Ogunsola

   "Honor your father and mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12.

 

One of the ten commandments handed over to Moses for onward declaration to the Jews is quoted above. It is a command targeted at every child in a congregation of people of God. This means that everyone, young or old has a responsibility or duty to perform. Doing it will assure the doer of great benefits attached. It is the duty of every child to honour his parents and there are strong and very powerful promises attached to it by the Giver of the commandments, God. The commandments is not an option but mandatory.

 

Do you know that one important way to honour your father or mother is to respect them and their instructions. A child should not be rude to his parents. Parental instructions must be obeyed. Do you know why? The difference in age of a father (mother) and his child says a lot. Wisdom, knowledge and understanding before the child is brought forth meant so much. It has been acquired to bring a light on the path of the child. It will prevent him from falling into life's ditches.

 

Parental experience, negative or positive are acquired for the benefits of a child. A wise child will not want to fall into the same pit his father fell into which drew the man back in the journey of his success life. In the same vein, a wise child will want to follow a father's step that accelerated his father's journey into success, modification cannot be ruled out. That is why King Solomon says in Proverbs 1:8-9 thus,

"My son, hear the instructions of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother, For they will be a graceful ornaments on your heard, And chains about your neck." New King James Version.

 

Must it be every instruction or commandment of a Father or Mother? The Holy Scriptures make it abundantly clear thus, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1 A God-fearing parent will guide his child in the way of the Lord. He will also take instructions from his Lord for the purpose of passing such to his child.

 

However, there are ungodly parents who do not value their own lives not to talk of those of their children. Their instructions can terminate a child's life. This, not withstanding, such parents must be given their due respect but every destructive instruction can be politely jettisoned with wisdom. This is moreso if it contradicts the law of the Lord. Let me summarise the benefits of honouring and obeying parents :

 

1. It will assure you of long life. Parental instructions will surely draw you away from every danger of life that can shorten your period of stay on the earth. Exodus 20:12.

 

2. It will be "a dress code" for you. What do I mean? Do you love to look fine wherever and whenever you find yourself? Do you love to carry sufficient glory and grace everywhere? Parental instructions you obey can do this. Anywhere you find yourself people will know that you have home training and you will be honoured for it. Proverbs 1:8-9.

 

3.The Lord your God has a land for you where you are expected to dominate for His glory. This land can be a better town, city, local government area or even nation. It can also be an occupation or profession where you are to rule with authority. Exodus 20:12.

 

4. Most importantly, it guarantees you a position before the Lord your God. This is true by what God of Israel told the children of Jonadab,

"Jonadab the son of Rachab shall not lack a man to stand before Me forever" Jeremiah 35:19(d). NKJV.

 

You can honor your God by honoring your father and mother and by obeying their Godly instructions. Play safe, honour and obey your parents and it shall be well with you in Jesus name.

Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print