His Rod and Staff
by Rik Charbonneaux

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me” .. Ps. 23:4 KJV

As the second wave of Covid-19 re-infection is soon to be upon us, with respected predictions of a 100% increase in the rate of infection and re-infection, let us look to the Lord for our peace if we have not already done so, just as David did all those years ago.

When David went forth into the dark valley, it was without fear, because the staff and rod of the Lord comforted him (Hebrew: "emunah" - trust, faith).

Therefore, let us go forth into the dark valley of the late second one-half of 2020 in the same manner as David did. As beliievers, we are counted under the rod of the Lord as David was, and we are free to lean upon His staff for peace (rest) as David did (Hebrew: "shaan" - to lean, support oneself).

His staff is one that no force can break and His rod is one that has never failed to count all who are His, so look to the Lord first in all things and trust in Him to bring you safely through our dark valley, as David did through through his.

- Important note to people with Type A blood:

People with blood type A are 50% more likely to develop severe coronavirus symptoms than patients with other blood types. If this is your blood type, then you have all the more reason to trust in the Lord.

- Hebrew language notes:

Rod: Hebrew: "shebat" - sceptre, discipline, protection, counting. Symbolically it is the power of God.

Staff: Hebrew: "mishenah" - support.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print