Eye on the Goal
by PamFord Davis

Our family once owned and operated a Florida low power community television station.

Located in the Northwest Florida city of Defuniak Springs, we served the city and outlaying areas. Most viewers watched the station on the Cable company access channel (channel 3).

Others picked up the station on UHF TV 24 (W24-AM). We carried Christian family programming; area church services, special events and school sports.

High school varsity football ranked at the top in our sports coverage.

Yet, we carried much more. As examples, we aired Little League softball and Pee Wee football along with middle school and JV teams. Games drew high ratings; proud parents and grandparents wanted to see their children on television. Win or lose, their kids were on TV.

Have you seen comical kid capers on ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos?’ A Pee Wee football player running the length of the field was one of my favorites. He wasn’t playing by the rules; he was running in the wrong direction. The little boy was headed to the wrong goal line!

“Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules (2 Timothy 2:5 NASB).”

The Bible is my rule book.

I must keep my eye (and heart) on the goal.

“Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print