For Whom Are You Living?
by Olawale Ogunsola

"For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to
depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue
with you all for your progress and joy of faith, and that your
rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ...." Philippians 1:23-26 New King James Version.

Have you at any time sit down to work on yourself to determine the essence of your living? What do I mean? You are alive today, for what or whom are you living? In other words, who is benefiting from your being alive? What are those benefits? Can you briefly prepare a list of those who are beneficiaries of your being alive? How many are they? If you live for something. It is good if it will bring values to the lives of others.

If your thoughts, words and deeds concentrate on you alone, will you agree with me that you have an evil spirit in you? To concentrate on yourself alone means that these personal pronoun will dominate your thoughts, words and deeds, "I", "Me", "My" and "Mine". It is Satanic, that is all and you must adjust. Any proof of this? The words of satan contained in the Holy Bible confirm this. In arrogance and selfishness, he said, in his heart (thoughts),
"I will ascend unto heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the
stars of God ;
I will also sit on the mount of the
congregation.
On the farthest sides of the north ;
I will ascend above the heights of
the clouds,
I will be like Most High." Isaiah 14:13-11.
In a short content like his, he used personal pronoun six times. He never consider the good of anyone. He had always concentrated on himself alone. He had no time for that at all.

What was the final judgment on him? The Holy Scriptures reveals,
"Yet you shall be brought down to
Sheol,
To the lowest depth of the pit." Isaiah 14:15.

Do you know that certain people have gone in that way of destruction? Yes! People have been doomed on that evil way. A man called Nabal is an example of such people who lived for no one else but himself. When he ought to be of great value to somebody who had been of great use to him and his possessions, he retorted,
"Shall I then take my bread and my water and my
meat that I have killed for my shearers, and give it to
men when I do not know where they are from?" ISam 25:11.

He also use personal pronouns seven times in a short content, it is of the deevil. What is the end of Nabal? The Holy Bible records,
" Then it happened, after about ten days, that the
Lord struck Nabal, and he died." I Samuel 25:38.
All that Nabal possessed became the possessions of the fellow he denied a very small portion, David, including his wife, Abigail. (I Samuel 25:42). What else?

Now to you. Are you living all alone for yourself? It is very dangerous. It can lead to destruction suddenly.

In the verses quoted at the beginning of this piece, a better option for Apostle Paul was jettisoned for the benefits of God's people. He would have gone to be with Christ, his Lord and be at rest but he chose to live for those people of God so that they will progress and have joy of faith in Christ. It was needful for the saints of the Lord. Do you know what? He chose to live on that their joy may be available abundantly in Jesus Christ.

For whom are you living? A woman once asserted that she was living for her son, a legal Practitioner who was a freedom fighter in his days. Does your life add value to others or you are living for yourself only? It is dangerous. If Satan will be brought to the lowest pit and Nabal was struck by the Lord that he died suddenly, the only way out for you is to live for the good of others. Let your life be of great positive effect on those around you - those known and unknown to you.
May you not be struck to die suddenly in Jesus name.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the son of God
Shalom!
NOTE
Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print