Am I A Wise Woman?
by Olawale Ogunsola

"Wisdom is the principal thing"
Therefore get wisdom. " Proverbs 4:7 a-b. New King James Version. (NKJV)
Since creation, the roles of wisdom in the affairs of mankind cannot be over-flogged. Both in the life of a man and a woman who are created in the image and likeness of God their Creator. Confirm this in Genesis 1:26.

As a woman, it is not a difficult thing to know whether or not you are wise. You only need to look at yourself closely well and ask yourself salient questions possibly with close reference to the scriptures. Do I have the wisdom to save a life? Hear wisdom speaking to you,
"for whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord ;
But he who sins against me wrongs
his own soul ;
All those who hates me love death." Proverbs 8:35-36.

Now, do you think you have wisdom? It is only by her can you build your own home; Otherwise you will pull it down by your own hands with foolishness; confirm this in Proverbs 14:1.

Do you ask, "whose life do I need to save?"

One, you must first by wisdom safe your own life anytime, anywhere and anyhow. Your staying alive will or ought to add value to the lives of those around you and your generation at large.

It is only a wise woman that will submit to her husband in all things. A wise woman will not bear all burdens alone, so long she has someone, a husband with whom to pass or share it. For instance if you make a vow before the Lord with a wrong zeal and it has become impossible to perform it for you, do you know the Lord grants the man the right to render it void? See Number 30:10-14. This will be better than having your blood being gradually drained by the fear or burden of being unable to perform a vow.

Not only this, a wise woman will not rely solely on her verbal power to run and ruin her life. Read this about a virtuous and wise woman,
"She opens her mouth with wisdom
And on her tongue is the law of
kindness." Proverbs 31:26. NKJV.

A wise woman will not endanger the lives of those who are members of her own household. This was the case with Abigail in I Samuel chapter number twenty - five. David had kept all that belonged to her husband Nabal in the wilderness by day and night. However, when David requested a help from him, he disdained David, David determined to destroy all men in his household. It was Abigail, a wise and understanding woman who saved the lives of every man living with her. You can read details of this in I Samuel 25:2-44.

She used her gifts of kindness and words seasoned with salt to do this. At the end of the day, David said to her and about her action,
"And blessed is your advice and blessed are you, because you have
kept me this day from coming to bloodshed and from avenging myself
with my own hand." verses 33.

Not only this, a wise woman has the weapon to save lives of every youth she comes across. This was the case with a woman in Bahurim in the land of Israel in the ancient days. Jonathan and Ahimaaz were sent to King David to save his life in the Absalom's conspiracy that drove him out of palace. The enemies of King David saw these young men and chased them hotly but they entered into a well in the house of a man. A wise woman whose name was not available covered the well with ground grain and the thing was not known. The chaser of the youth asked the woman the whereabout of the men, she did not disclose it.

Ask yourself, am I a wise woman with ability to keep a secret? Am I not loose tongued? Read this story in I Samuel 17:15-22.

After Absalom's conspiracy, Sheba ganged up with other men against king David. Joab the captain of the host chased him until he entered a city. Joab and his men besieged the city round about with the aim of destroying it. An unnamed wise woman approached Joab to save all the inhabitants of the city. Joab requested for Sheba's head only. The wise woman promised to deliver it as an enemy of the nation. She spoke with people of the city and they sent the head of Sheba to Joab and the battle was brought to an end.

You can read this story in 2 Samuel 20:13-22.
Beloved, are you a wise woman? Hearken to this injunction in James 1:5
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,
who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given him".James 1:5
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print