Heart Washing
by Olawale Ogunsola

Invasion of Coronavirus has popularised two words that have existed for many centuries. You are not wrong if you say these two words are as old as the English language. These words are "Hand washing" or "washing hands ".

Why?

It is widely spread that these words can impair the spread of Coronavirus also known as Convid 19. Many governments have enacted laws to support hand washing and anyone who violates such law is disciplined for it. You can read more on Hand washing in my article titled "Hand Washing" in the same site or google it.
Do you know what? If hand washing is as important as it is today, do you know that there is another washing more important? It is "Heart Washing". Many people may not take this serious except those Physicians who specialise in heart matters ; those who have heart problems know the risk involved when their hearts are not in the right form doing the right thing. Another group that can take heart washing serious are those who are spiritually inclined.

Why is a heart so important?
Proverbs 4:23 brings this out and advises accordingly,
"Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it springs the issues of life."

Keeping your heart involves hard work. You must apply your might and power to protect it from what it entertains. You must keep watch over it to control what comes into it as well as what goes out it.

Reasons?

You can't be better than the contents of your heart. Your action is directly connected with your heart's content. Many times, if not all the times, it attracts what will happen to you.

Is this true? Job in his painful experience reveals how he attracted all the calamities that came on him in chapter 3:25, Thus,
"For the thing I greatly feared has
come upon me,
And what I dreaded has happened
to me."

That is part of the issues of life that emanates from every heart. Watch over your heart diligently. Proverbs 29:25 confirms further,
"The fear of man brings a snare,
But whoever trust in the Lord
shall be safe."
It means that fear or faith, (trust) in the Lord lives in the heart. You can allow either of the two because they cannot co-exist at the same time.

What is the side of Jesus Christ on the state of a man's heart?

He states,"Brood of vviper! How can you being evil speak
good things? For out of the abundance of the heart tth mouth speaks.
A good man out of the treasure of his heart brings forth
good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings evil things" Matt 12:34-35.

Then examine your heart now. What are the content, good or evil? This will dictate what will happen to you and your life.

Do you know you need to diligently and regularly carry out an environmental sanitation of your heart? Please, do. You must wash it regularly with the blood of Jesus Christ.

Hand, in most cases, will act according to what a heart contains or dictates. It will not do contrarily. Your heart has a great influence on the occupation of your hand. If hand washing must be carried out, heart washing is more important. It will assist in where you will spend your eternal life.
The Psalmist reveals, "He who has clean hands and a pure
heart;
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol.
Nor sworn deceitfully,
He shall receive blessings from the Lord. Psalm 24:4-5.

Heart washing is vital. It is possible that a virus may not make this mandatory nor a world government but King of Kings has decreed it and you must obey Him. The outcome of your disobedience is better imagined. The choice is before you. Choose right! Maintain regular HEART WASHING.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print