The Reasons and Benefits of Soul Winning
by Ngozi Nwoke

Why should you go for evangelism? Soul winning is an important part of Christianity. And we must attend to it if we want to please God and enjoy the benefits of soul winning that He has for us. This post gives the importance and benefits of reaching out to souls for Christ.

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance - 2 Peter 3:9 (NKJV).

Every Christian is expected to be a soul winner. Unfortunately, many Christians don't see the reason to make soul winning their business. However, there are many vital reasons to reach out to souls for Christ. And understanding of these will compel many Christians to make soul winning their lifestyle.

Importance and benefits of soul winning

1. God commanded it

When Jesus was leaving, He gave us the great commission to go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20). And the scriptures say that we should obey the commandments of God. This commission is not voluntary but mandatory for all believing Christians.

2. Reconciliation back to God

God has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that we should go and reconcile people back to God. And soul winning makes it possible to reconcile men back to God. This mandate originated from the fall of man when Adam sold out to the serpent. And man was cut off from the fellowship he had with God. This is because man died when Adam and Eve ate the fruit (Genesis 3:3).

So, God went ahead to initiate the arrival of Jesus that through him men may be reconciled back to Him. And it's only through soul winning that people get the opportunity to return back to God.

3. Salvation from all evils

When a person receives Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour, he receives a total package of redemption. So, he is saved spirit, soul, and body from every attack of the enemy (Psalm 91:9-10). Therefore, new birth doesn't only reconcile the person back to God but also delivers healing to the body and deliverance from all satanic oppressions. This is why people testify that they got their healing the day they gave their lives to Christ. Hallelujah, it's a total package.

4. Sign of your love for God and man

When you love God, you will desire to please Him. And one major way to please God is by helping in fulfilling His heart desire. This desire is to see all men saved. So, soul winning is one of the signs that you truly love the Lord. For instance, Christ told Peter that if he loves Him he should feed His sheep (John 21:17)

Again, if you have love for your fellowmen, you wouldn't want him to perish in hell. Rather, you will do what you can to have him saved. Therefore, it's time to check whether you actually love that neighbour of yours.

5. To receive answers to your prayers

Answers to your prayers become very easy when you're a soul winner. This is because Christ said that if you bear fruit that remains, you will receive whatever you ask of the Father in His name (John 15:16).

So, soul winning is a speedy way to receive your heart desires from God. This is because, when you please God, He will open His hands and bless you greatly. Remember, when King Solomon gave a thousand burnt offerings, God came down and blessed him greatly (1 Kings 3:4-13).

6. To show forth the power of God

Soul winning is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the power of God. This is because at new birth the person receives forgiveness of his sins and becomes a new creation. And old things pass away and all things become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

This means that the power of God breaks the hold of darkness over the person, transforms him, and makes him a new man. This is why a wicked person at new birth becomes a totally deferent person. And a fornicator loses the thirst for immorality. So, at new birth, the power of God translates the individual from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light.

Truly, salvation in Christ is the greatest miracle. However, this transformation will not happen in the life of that individual if no one leads him to Christ.

7. Escape route from eternal damnation and eternity with God

The greatest benefit of accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour is deliverance from eternal damnation in hell. So, reaching out to souls and leading them to Christ gives them the opportunity to escape eternity in hell and receive eternity with God (Mark 16:15-16).

8. To grow the church of Christ

The scriptures tell us that in the multitude of men is a King honoured (Proverbs 14:28). Also, God commands that we should go out and gather people so that His house will fill up (Luke 14:23). This results in a population of God's kingdom while the kingdom of darkness is depopulated.

God expects His house to be full, and not the streets or joints of the enemy. That's why He works with soul winners, adding to the church as many as to be saved (Acts 2:47).

Therefore, always pray for the unsaved souls and reach out to them so they can dwell in the house of God.

9. Birth of a better and peaceful world

Where you have more people in the church than at the enemy's joints, you will have a better and more peaceful world. This is because God will be in charge of more people's lives than the devil, resulting in less wickedness. So, when more people are carrying the light of Christ, darkness will fade away.

Therefore, the world is in her present situation because the children of darkness are recruiting more people for the devil than the church is for Christ.

10. Increase your wisdom and success in life

The scriptures tell us that he that wins souls is wise and those who win souls will shine like stars (Proverbs 11:30, Daniel 12:3). Therefore, soul winners build up their wisdom banks as they reach out to souls for Christ. This is because it takes wisdom from heaven to lead people to Christ. Also, since they're working with the only wise God, they can't help but become wiser.

Furthermore, turning many to Christ makes soul winners be like stars forever. This connotes among other things success in life. And as you're lifting God before men, so also will He lift you before men. Therefore, it is wisdom, having understood the importance of soul winning, to go out and reconcile men back to God.

11. To quicken the coming of Christ

In the process of soul winning, we preach the gospel, giving everyone the opportunity to receive Christ. And as the scriptures say, when the gospel is preached in the entire world as a witness to all the nations, then the end will come (Matthew 24:3, 14). And then, Jesus Christ will return to take His own home. So, soul winning facilitates the fulfilment of the scriptures, which includes the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Therefore, if your desire is that Christ should come soon, then there is a need for you to increase soul winning endeavours both in prayer and in reaching out to the unsaved souls.

12. Increase your placement and rewards in heaven

God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him and He rewards according to our works (Romans 2:6). And the main work God has given to Christian believers is the reconciliation ministry, the great commission to lead people to Christ. Therefore, the more souls you win the more your rewards. Also, the scripture says that there is joy over one soul that returns. So, certainly, God will reward more those who cause joy in heaven more than those who don't.

Truly, God can't give the same reward both to those who sacrificed their lives for the gospel and those who didn't. For instance, will God give the same reward He gave to Paul the apostle, to someone who was saved but never won a soul? I don't think so. Surely, our crowns will differ based on the work we did here on earth.

Furthermore, just like in the network marketing business, the more people you bring into the business the more money you make. So, it will be on that day of reckoning in heaven.  Also, as it takes hard work, persistence, and perseverance to make it in the network marketing business, so also is it with the kingdom of heaven.

Conclusion

 Therefore, it's very important that we imbibe soul winning as a lifestyle. For the blessings are enamors both here on earth and in heaven.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print