Proverbs 28 v 3
by Sue Botte

Today I read Proverbs 28, correlating with the date of the month, and the study book of our cell group.

Verse 3 caught my eye: A wicked man who oppresses the poor: here is a devastating rain – and farewell, bread! (The Jerusalem Bible Reader’s Edition 1968).

The above verse is very much self-explanatory. Yet, there are people who do just that. What the exact meaning of ‘poor’ is in verse three is not clear, and will need further study. However, it could be poor in spirit and soul. It could be a person who is illiterate, due to circumstances, yet capable of working. Furthermore, the person could have been send to you; you do not know if he was. Although God’s blessings are not ‘earned’, I believe He is ready to ‘double-up’ on his blessings to those who first consider His Word.  

In the B part of verse 3, a hailstorm or rain, driven by a forceful wind will have a devastating effect on your freshly ploughed field and or crops. It also refers to investments, Etc. We all farm differently.

It also made me think of the words: ‘in an instant.’ That which you worked for, is all gone in one blow, a crippling effect.

I do not think verse 3 is a threat from God, it is simply what you sow you will reap.

The short message is: Do not take advantage from people whom you consider ‘poor’, it will cost you dearly.



I love writing and has been writing on and off for a number of years. Recently this developed into part time passion. Through the guidance of God, I believe there is a message that needs to be in print. I am a collector of books, the older the better. Currently I reside in Pretoria, South Africa.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print