Review Your Life Now
by Olawale Ogunsola

Life has been compared with many things to bring out a sound understanding of what life is in the real sense of the word. That is why I want us to compare life with a book. Almost all that concerns a book can be said about each life. Every book is a pack of pages that make it up. That is, each book contains a certain number of pages. One book is more voluminous than another. Meaning that Book A may have more number of pages than Book B.

 

Not only this, every book is divided into chapters, at least for comfort and convenience sake. Each chapter differs in content from another and may cover different number of pages in the book.

 

Do you even know that some books are in parts? A book can be divided into parts with each part containing its own chapters.

 

Each chapter of a book is further divided into paragraphs ; each paragraph is made up of sentences and phrases ; each having the right punctuation marks.

 

Finally, every book has an end. Every book has a final full stop, no matter the volume.

 

So it is with life!

 

Every life has its parts, this can be done in various ways, an example is morning, afternoon and evening or childhood, youth and adulthood years. Every life is counted in years which contains months. Each month also contains weeks and each week has seven days and each day has twenty-four hours. Every hour has sixty seconds with each minutes containing sixty seconds. Every life has a span, it ends.

 

Can you see the resemblance of a life and a book?


So far so good, how has your life being? Is it running as you expected it? Is it working pleasurably? If no, then your life may need a thorough review to bring out the best out of it. Every book, good books, is reviewed over and over again to bring out the best in it. Why can't the same be carried out in your life?

 

A review will identify what is wrong, what is right and how to rectify it. Most of the time, man may not identify what really goes wrong with his life that makes things fail.

 

Are you running your life with a tiding? Are you running life journey with a specific value for your society or generation? Without having a tiding, your running will be wasteful and your end will be unvalued because you will be packed to a side. You will be abandoned to yourself. You will only lick your fingers in regrets, God forbid!

 

There are two things that you should not dwell too much on:
1. Your strength. Health is wealth and it is tax free. It comes from your Maker and you should appreciate it well. However, you must be very careful of what you will expend your strength or energy on so that your effort will not be futile. If your store of energy is not properly channelled, it will not bring the necessary fruits or results.

 

2. Your being a good man. It is good to be good and do good all the time. If you know how to do good, go ahead and do good because your failure to do good is sin. Do you know that being good does not guarantee your success if you run your life without tiding? That is the truth.

 

Let us examine the life of two Jews who run the same journey but with different focuses. These men are Ahimaaz and Cushi.


The tidings on hand was to break the news of Absalom's death in a conspiracy against his father, King David. When this happened, it called for a right and proper person to divulge such news. It required wisdom to break the news to the King who didn't want his enemy dead. Ahimaaz saw Absalom dead and was inspired to break the news to the King. He approached Joab the captain of the host. Joab refused to allow him. He said, "Thou shalt bear no tidings today but thou shalt bear tidings another day : but this day thou shalt bear no tidings, because the King's son is dead. " 2 Samuel 18:20.
Do you know what? Ahimaaz insisted he must run to the king. He was not sent ; he troubled the captain until he said to him "Run" 2 Samuel 18:22.

 

Cushi was the fit and proper person to be sent by Joab's standard estimation. He said,
"Go tell the king what thou hast seen." I Samuel 18:21.
This messenger with a message bowed himself in reference unto Joab and ran.

 

This man ran slowly, steadly and surely. He must have been ruminating on the best way of presenting this bad news to the King as he ran gently.

 

Ahimaaz who sent himself energetically outran the man with a message, and arrived at King David's place earlier..
An eager king inquired from him how went the battle, he replied,
"And the king said, 'Is the young man Absalom safe?' And Ahimaa answered.
"When Joab sent the King's servant, and me thy servant,
I saw a great tumult, but I knew not what it was. verse 29.
What was the outcome of all his running? The king said,
"Turn aside, and stand here. And he turned aside, and stood still" v30.
He had no reason to object, he turned aside and stood. Period!

 

Please, note that Ahimaaz was a good man. King David recognised this and declared it in verse 27,
"He is a good man, and cometh with good tidings." Note that he was one of the men sent to King David when the counsel of Ahitophel was defeated. . (2 Sam 17:17).

 

Contrarily, this time around, he had no tidings, he was not sent. He sent himself. He finally failed.

 

How did the man with tidings delivered the message? When asked about the welfare of Absalom, Cushi replied with wisdom,
"The enemies of my Lord, the King, and all that rise against thee to do thee hurt be as that young man is." I Sam 18:32.

 

As a man of war, King David understood the message conveyed with wisdom by Cushi, a messenger with a message.

 

The major difference between Cushi and Ahimaaz is the wisdom that is involved. Both were good men. Both were energetic. Both saw the same scene but one was sent but the other was not.

 

The book of Ecclesiastes 3:1 is right to declare,
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

When it was time to send Ahimaaz, he was sent. At the time there is room to work by another man, Cushi, he was sent. Do you know that Ahimaaz could be sent on another errand, Joab assured him,
" Thou shalt not bear tidings this day, but thou shalt bear tidings another day." I Sam 18:20.

 

Please, is this not the right time to review your own life? I think Ahimaaz must have learnt his lessons from the incident that rubbished his running. He learnt it in a hard way. Should you follow his footsteps? Watch!

 

Are you not running another person's race? Are you not doing another fellow's work? Are you not doing the right work in the wrong place for the wrong person? Have you recognised the right group you are sent to? Review your life to bring out the best the Lord had designed you to be.

 

Follow your own track. Do your own work the way your Maker has designed you to achieve His plans for your life.
Your life needs a review, do it today and thoroughly, may you derive the right results in Jesus name.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print