Face Masks And Faith Denial
by Olawale Ogunsola

One of the things I detest most is "argument" most especially when it concerns things of the Kingdom of God. This is so for so many reasons.
One, kingdom matters is full of mysteries that can only be understood if the Holy Spirit explains it. The Scriptures says,
"Not by might, not by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6. King James Version.

 

Two, in every argument, the tendency is there for you to hold on to a wrong concept and continue in your ignorance of what is the truth. Many times, people argue on what they do not understand at all, or what they understand a little, it is expedient to give room for the opinion of others who may know more than you do or to educate others who do not know as much as you do.

 

Read this about Apostle Peter on Apostle Paul,
"And account that the long - suffering of our Lord is salvation ;
even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given
unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all epistles, speaking in them things ; in which
are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned
and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own
destruction." 2 Peter 3:15-16.

 

Third, God is more than your wisdom, knowledge and understanding. You can only talk about Him and His kingdom as much as He has revealed Himself to you. He will not be offended if you want Him to reveal Himself to you in any area of life and His kingdom. Moses desired to see the face of the Lord his God but He told him that he can not see His face because whoever sees His face will not live. This means that you will see Him face to face for good one day, after this life.

 

Be that as it may.

 

A message was sent to me on WhatsApp where a loving and loveable man of God, a Bishop declares that any Pastor who puts on a face mask has denied his faith in Christ. He is a respectable man of God in every sense of the word. He knows what he says and he does so authoritatively. His messages in various forms have helped and are still helping believers in the Christendom.

 

Looking at the caption without reading the content with understanding will engage one in argument with the great man of God. A careful reading of the piece shows that he is saying the truth. He states in his submission,
'If truly any Pastor BELIEVES in the word of God as a foundation of healing, then such Pastor must authenticate his faith by putting all of his or her hope in the word NOT in face mask." (Capitals mine)

 

What else can be more truthful than this?

 

His words are in agreement with those of the Psalmist that says,
"Their sorrow shall be multiplied that hasten after another god;
their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their
names into my lips." Psalm 16:4.

 

In essence, no believer should idolise the face mask ; no one should put his faith in it. The faith of every believer should be in the Lord only. Please, do not forget
"for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness :and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:10.

 

Therefore, you must not allow face mask to replace your Creator in your heart, it is idolatry.

 

Now, COVID 19, also known as Coronavirus, has come to stay with humanity and one of the recommended steps to prevent its spreading is the use of face mask. What can the believers do? What can the Pastors do? My simple answer is that they can put on a face mask without denying the faith. Let me cite some reasons for this:
One, Many governments of the day have made it mandatory for every citizen to wear a face mask and a fine awaits every citizen who contravenes this law, some governments even impose other punitive measures including imprisonment. What does the Scriptures says on obeying government laws?
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers for there is no
power but of God : the powers that be are ordained of God."
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God:
and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation." Romans 13:1-2

 

May you not receive damnation to yourself in Jesus name.

 

Two. Every believer who loves the Lord his God and loves himself as well as others will put on a face mask to prevent the spread of any desease not only COVID 19.


This is in obedience to Mark 12:30-31,
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with thy
soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

 

If face mask wearing will assist in preventing of the spreading of diseases, is it not good to put it on? Only do not make an idol out it in your heart.

 

Three. Do you know that the role of wisdom in Christian walk cannot be overstressed. All those who have walked with the Lord in the Holy Bible made use of wisdom in their days. Do you know what? Jesus Christ made use of wisdom and He recommends it for every believer. He says in Matthew 10:16.,
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves : be ye Therefore
wise as serpents and harmless as doves."


Beloved, have faith with wisdom, and it shall be well with you in Jesus name.
Wearing of face mask can amount to applying wisdom in Christian walk.

 

Four. The Lord's complaint about Laodiceans church was,
"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16.
Let me put it this way. You can be hot for the Lord ; you can also be cold for Him. You can quietly obey the Lord's commandment with humility. You can also resist violently any government law that is planned to take your heart away from God to serve other gods.

 

Therefore, the plan of government to instruct citizens to wear a face mask is not meant to draw believers' hearts away from God to serve idols but every believer should not make face mask an idol. When you need to be cold, be so. When you need to be hot, be hot. May the Lord help you to know the time to apply each.

 

Five. Do you know that it is heart contents that interest the Lord most? He told Jews national Prophet, priest and Judge at the same time, Samuel, when he was sent to anoint a son of Jesse as a king over God's people.
"Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature, because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth ; for man looketh
on the outward appearance but the Lord looketh on the heart." I Samuel 16:7.

 

This verse says it all. This means, people may not see you as a Christian any longer because you wear a face mask to obey government law and to show love but your Maker sees your heart that your faith is not in face mask but in Him.
Naaman's statement after receiving healing over his leprosy made this request,
"In this thing the Lord pardon thy servant that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship, and he leaneth on my hand in the house
of Rimmon : when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the Lord pardon thy servant in this thing." 2 Kings 5:18.

 

This man was the captain of Syrian army in his days. He was healed by God through Prophet Elisha. He believed in God of Israel because he was an unbeliever from a foreign nation. The King of Syria worshipped Rimmon, an idol and Naaman must go with him into Rimmon's house, as the King's head of army. Not only this, the King rested on Naaman's hands during worship ; so Naaman must bow as the king do.
What will you say if you see a professed believer bowing down before an Idol? He did this as his duty but he did not believe in Rimmon, an idol but God of the Jews.

 

To God be the glory, I have come across many women in religious harems who are followers of Jesus Christ faithfully. They pray five times daily to keep their homes by pleasing their husbands but Jesus Christ is the only Occupant of their hearts.

 

Hallelujah! 

 

In the final analysis, do not make idols of anything and anybody. Let Jesus only be the only Personality who occupies your heart. Do not deny the faith by the use of sanitizers, maintaining social distance or wearing a face mask. Sanitize your heart and keep it clean.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord, it is imminent.
NOTE Scriptures quoted are from King James Version of the Holy Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print