C for Correct and A for Accuracy
by PamFord Davis

I just had a flash back to elementary school homework papers. I remember teachers marking my correct work with a large capital C. Did they write I for incorrect? I don’t recall. Today, in our divided country much of what is said is considered politically incorrect.

King Herod had arrested and beheaded John the Baptist.

Why?

Because John was Biblically correct.

“At that time Herod the tetrarch heard the news about Jesus, and said to his servants, ‘This is John the Baptist; he has risen from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.’

For when Herod had John arrested, he bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip.  For John had been saying to him, ‘It is not lawful for you to have her (Matthew 14:1-4 NASB).”

John was not politically correct; yet, he deserved a C for correct and A for accuracy.

“You shall not commit adultery (Exodus 20:14 NASB).”

Herodias was the wife of another man; Herod’s own brother. The king was guilty of breaking God’s law. Jesus made the interpretation of the law perfectly clear.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’;  but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matthew 5:27-28 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print