GOD GAVE THEM UP
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance writer Lupie Riley

Thought:  I can’t think of anything more horrendous and devastating then for God to tell me “depart from me I never knew you (Math. 7:23).”  To never have the opportunity for Salvation and eternal life would be a very dark, dark place to be.

However, the Bible does teach there is coming a time when God will give up on those who love their sins and continue in them with their fist raised in His face.  He will give them up to their depraved condition.  It reminds me of history being repeated right before our eyes.  How many times did our Creator give second chances to the Israelites?  Even while he was casting his moral code into stone, they were busy melting down their gold to build a calf idol for worship.

 In the second covenant with the people (Jesus death, burial and resurrection) He put those moral guidelines into their very minds, their conscience was to be their guide.  In todays world we see thousands denying their conscience of right and wrong and going about their business doing their own thing without God.  For them, His rules have become obsolete and void.  If God didn’t exist in their minds, then they don’t have to be obligated to follow any moral codes.  “Anything goes” becomes their mantra.   We see the fruits of what this kind of mindset produces all around us.

If our nation is to survive its people need to come back to the God who made them.  He provided that bridge for them to cross over into a renewed relationship with Him.  That bridge is Jesus. “I am the way, the truth and the life, no man can come unto the Father but by me (John 14:6).”  Today is the day of Salvation.  We have no guarantees of what our tomorrow’s will bring and time is short.  Prophecy is being fulfilled at a breakneck speed.  We never want to hear those words “depart from me I never knew you.”

Prayer: Father God, you provided that way back to you through the blood of Jesus, the sacrificial lamb who took our sins upon himself and died upon a tree.  By defeating death through His resurrection you give mankind hope for a better world to come and eternal life that will never end.  Amen

Verse:  Rom. 1:38, 32 “So it was that when they gave God up and would not even acknowledge him, God gave them up to doing everything their evil minds could think of. V. 32 They were fully aware of God’s death penalty for these crimes, yet they went right ahead and did them anyway, and encouraged others to do them, too.”

 



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print