WAYS OUT OF MARITAL INCOMPATIBILITY 2
by Olawale Ogunsola

There is no way to prevent differences in lifestyles of a husband and a wife. This is due to difference in their background and build up as well as other factors. One funny thing is that some of these differences are not known to each other during courtship period. Why does it remain hidden until after solemnisation of their relationship? Let me mention about two of them.

 

One, either of both parties involved may not pay any attention to it because of the love that is at play. They look away from such difference or weakness, if you choose to call it that.

 

Two, one or both persons in the relationship may be pretending as if the difference does not exist. They may both behave as if no Incompatibility ever exist. It is like leaving fire on the roof of a house and going asleep in a room in the house.

 

It is salient to identify an area where two people are incompatible and find a sure and permanent solution to it, where there is love in the real sense of the word.

 

In the first part of this piece, try to read it please, I started a story about a couple that I postponed to this write-up.

 

What is the story all about?

 

In that nuclear family, the husband was surely a lover of beans. He was ever ready to eat it at any time of the day and as long as it is available. On the contrary, the wife is a rice-addict. She believed that the only food on the planet earth is rice. She does not give any consideration to any other food.

 

Do you know the reasons behind her penchant for rice? According to her, it is easier to prepare. It does not take her much time before it is ready for eating, it is also readily available anywhere she goes. Whatever her reasons, everyone has a right to love whatever he chooses to eat.

 

However, the husband who is addicted to beans will always complain that she does not buy beans for the family. To stop this, he chose to buy it by himself. The woman will not cook it. What is her excuse? She will tell whoever cares to listen that, beans that the hubby bought always requires finding strange items out of the lump to separate them; that is to separate "the essentials" from the "none - essentials". The husband decided again to do this on her behalf. Yet this woman will be quick to say, "Beans take too much time to prepare. I have no time to waste." she was recalcitrant.

 

Do you know what? A simple solution or two are available here.

 

One, if this sister were interested in keeping her home safe and intact, she can look for a way out. For instance, she may choose to prepare a meal of rice and beans together. It can be fifty percent rice and fifty percent beans to please both sides. Not only this, she can introduce a variation to their combination, e.g ratio 60:40, 40:60, 70:30.

 

Two, as a home-maker, she can prepare the two separately. Beans can be prepared first depending on the rate of hunger of either of them. Not only this , both can be prepared separately ahead of the time of eating meal. This will bring a strong succour to the family at large.

 

Do you know what? If care is not taken, this Incompatibility can destabilise any would-be happy home? From what I heard last on the family in the story, if they have not outrightly divorced each other, they are now separated. Does it worth it at all?

 

Are you a serious woman who is on this earth to live a joyful life in a happy home? You must heed the counsel of Proverbs 14:1.
"The wise woman builds her
house,
But the foolish pulls it down with
her hands."
Beloved, have you identified an area of Incompatibility between you and your spouse? There is a way out, use wisdom. How do you get it?

 

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives
to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

 

The ball is now in your court to build your home with wisdom or pull it down with foolishness. There are women outside there who, after pulling down their homes formed groups that will never see anything good in men or marriage. Help yourself. Build with wisdom.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.
Note. Bible verses quoted are from New King James version of the Scriptures.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print