Contented or Corrected, He Carries Us
by PamFord Davis

Babies go wherever they’re taken; they have no choice. Sometimes they fuss. Yet, often they’re delighted. Infants love to snuggle in the security of mom or dad’s arms. They look above and around at their different surroundings. If out in nature, they’re invigorated by fresh air. As passengers in vehicles, they are often bounced to sleep during the ride.

Adults notice a marked change of attitude when children become toddlers.

Steady on their feet, they frequently resist the restrictions of car seats or parents carrying them. They squirm, whine and try to free themselves. To outsiders, it might appear a child is injured or mistreated. In reality, they are just trying to get their own way.

There comes another stage in development. Parents and guardians trust a young child to walk along side.

It takes patience; little legs can’t move very fast. A wise adult knows it’s worth the effort. The child is not free to roam; they must stay very close and follow all instructions. Walking alongside is a privilege. If problems arise, corrective measures are taken.

Defiant and disobedient, a child ignores gentle correction and warnings. Refusing to mind, the parent takes action; they will reach down, pick the child up and carry them to the destination or back home.

As God's child, I think about how He has carried me.

At times, I’ve rested content and safe in His arms. I was just happy to be with him. I relaxed and rested. Sadly, on other occasions I restricted the restraints and disciplines of life. Unaware or ignoring the consequences, I wanted my own way.

The Lord reaches down.

Contented or corrected, He carries us.

“In His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
And He bore them and carried them
All the days of old (Isaiah 63:9b NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print