The Call To A Soul Winning Lifestyle
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you winning souls as a lifestyle? Soul winning shouldn't be a periodic thing in your life. This is because the enemy is making converts every day in multitudes. Therefore, be smarter and faster than He is so that you can win more people for Christ. This post encourages you to imbibe soul winning as a lifestyle.

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables - 2 Timothy 4:2-4 (NKJV).

Why Soul Winning Lifestyle?

The devil's time is running out and he is desperate to draw many people along to his condemnation. And it's not God's will that any should perish. Therefore, we need to see the urgency of soul winning and drive it to success. So, it's no more time to win souls when it's convenient or when you're less busy. Rather, you're to live ever ready to win souls, for the labourers are few and yet the harvest is full (Matthew 9:37).

Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few (Matthew 9:37).

Christianity As a LifeStyle

To be a Christian is to live like Christ at all times. As such Christianity is a lifestyle. So, it's not clothing you wear or remove when you like. Rather, as long as you're alive, you're to wear Christ (Romans 13:14).

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts (Romans 13:14).

Let your life shine as the light that draws men to Christ. And let men see you and desire to be like Jesus. The scriptures call the believing Christians "Salt" that gives taste to the world, and "light" that gives light to the world. And you're to shine forth that people may see your good works and glorify God the Father (Matthew 5:14-16).

You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:14-16).

You need to understand that you're not living for yourself again but for the Lord. He paid the price for your redemption with His blood once and for all. This He did that you may live by faith in Him (Galatians 2:20).

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20).

And the main thing you live to do is to win souls for Christ. This is to lead people back to God even as someone led you back to Him.

Be Ever Ready

Therefore, be ever ready to accomplish the purpose of Christ being in you, which is reconciling multitude back to God. So, prepare both spiritually and physically to reach out to souls as often as opportunities present them to you. The scripture says that you are to preach the gospel in season and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2).

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching (2 Timothy 4:2).

Every day is a day of salvation for someone and God will use anyone who is available to win that soul. And you're the one to decide whether you will be that vessel of honour that day. This you will do by being spiritually and physically alert. God will not entertain excuses but desires prompt obedience from His servants. Therefore, study to show yourself approved to God and give yourself to prayers, to be ever ready to win souls.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)

Also, know that your physical disposition determines your success in winning souls. So, be cheerful, confident, clean and tidy, and comported, thereby representing God well. And as the saying goes, 'You are addressed according to how you are dressed.'

Biblical Example

Our Lord Jesus lived on earth as a soul winner and every day was a day to reach out to souls. And He was ever ready that anywhere He found Himself was a platform to preach or teach the word and win souls. Also, soul winning was the lifestyle of the disciples. Such that as they journey from one place to another they preached the gospel and won souls to Christ. And they virtually lived to win souls.

On the same day, Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. And great multitudes were gathered together to Him so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore (Matthew 13:1-2).

Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word (Acts 8:4).

Put Soul Winning In Your TO DO LIST

As you write your 'To-do list', include soul winning. This will make you conscious of the souls around you and make you sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. And it will make you seek for opportunities to reach out to anyone you come in contact with. So, it will ensure you win souls that day. Furthermore, to drive yourself to win souls, give yourself targets: the number of souls you desire to win for Christ each day. As you do these God will release the wisdom and help you need to achieve your goals.

Give Glory And Thanks To God

For every soul, you win for Christ you should give glory to God. And thank Him for finding you worthy as a soul winner and for the soul won. This is because you have only done that which is your duty (Luke 17:10)

So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, 'We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do (Luke 17:10).

No man can come to Jesus except the Father draws him. So, all the glory goes to Him. However, the joy of service and pleasing God is yours, and the rewards will never elude you. For the Lord indeed is a great rewarder.

In Conclusion

Therefore, take soul winning as a lifestyle. Let everyone know you as an ambassador for Christ, who will seek the salvation of his contacts till they're saved and established in Christ. And let the name of the Lord be praised.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print