Are We There Yet?
by PamFord Davis

Are we there yet?

At age 12, I had my first trip outside of New York State. My oldest sister Donna married and was ready to move down to Maryland. I made that momentous trip inside the cab of an 18 wheeler.

It was like this… Donna and her husband had a new mobile home and needed it transported to a Laurel, Maryland trailer park. Her husband was serving in the Air Force and already there awaiting her arrival. The mover offered to give her a ride with him and arrangements were made. Not wanting her to go alone, Mom and Dad had me go too.

Are we there yet?

I was in the middle of the bench seat with the truck’s gear shift in front of me. Need I say more? I did a lot of moving out of his way. I was anxious to reach Laurel, Maryland.

Are we there yet?

Our life journeys are not always easy. We shift around and try to find a comfortable spot. It’s not easy to be content; yet, it is possible.

“I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:11-13 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print