SOCIAL DISTANCING
by Olawale Ogunsola

The only Personality who is behind the creation of heaven and earth and their control, that is God, is so merciful enough to give mankind who he has made in His image and likeness an Instructional Manual with which he can dominate his environment and be safe there. Following this Manual faithfully makes things to run smoothly.

 

However, humanity has taken to questioning the Living God and His book of authority, the Holy Bible. There are people who gang up against this book to do things against it. Many people do not even want to hear anything about the Creator. 

 

This notwithstanding, humanity employs the content of His book selectively to solve problems confronting him. Sometimes it works, many times it fails because it is applied very late or applied wrongly.

 

This is the case with social Distancing. This two-word statement have become so popular these days since the advent of the current virus ravaging the whole world and its economies. This is coronavirus or COVID-19 that has its birth place at Wuanhn, China. It is an eye opener to mankind to new things including social distancing. What is this? It is believed that merciless COVID-19 can be curbed from spreading in a society if inhabitants of that place avoid each other as much as possible. Social Distancing is keeping away from contacting each other with about two or three metres. This is expected where there is the need for people to gather together for any reason.

 

Do you know that in many countries of the world, those who violate this rule or law have been arrested and sentenced accordingly? This is still ongoing because COVID-19 also known as Coronavirus is still wrecking havoc worldwide. Countries that are confederate closed their air and sea ports as well as land borders to each other. To avoid the spread of COVID-19 in their individual country,

 

The spiritual equivalence of this is,
Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers
... Be ye separate.

 

This is the instruction for mankind, most especially the saints of the Lord. If social distancing involves some pain, so it is with separation. Separation from what or who? Separation from sins and sinners so that you will not fall a victim of both. If you must distant yourself from corona virus and its victims, then you must separate yourself from sinners. Sin is more dangerous than COVID-19. Covid 19 can end your life here but sin will send you to everlasting damnation or suffering. From a victim of sin, you can contract sin. So, the best solution is separation.

 

Let me include it that you can go near sinners IF your motive is to heal (save) them. After all, there are health officers who take care of COVID19 patients. You should protect yourself from every infection so that you will not loose your own salvation.

 

Let it be known to you that if you are not separated, from sins and sinners, i.e evil doing and evil doers, you will not have a smooth relationship with God. Just as you will not enjoy Government favor if you do not keep a safe distance to prevent the spread of Corona virus.

 

This was the case with father Abraham in the land where he was a sourjourner. God did not instruct him to take Lot along with him in his journeys with God, but he did. But rifts ensued between Lot's herdsmen and those of Abraham. Later, Abraham was separated from Lot. It was then that Abraham heard the voice of his friend, God, saying
"Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are northward, southward, eastward and westward, for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever." Gen 13:14-15.

 

Just as you keep social distancing, to keep yourself alive and healthy from COVID 19, if you separate yourself from every wrongdoing and wrongdoer it will surely give you peace, life, joy and good relationships with your God. You will radiate the glory of the Lord. Fear will vanish. Faith will take control of your heart. Then will you be able to dominate your environment as planned by the Lord your God.

 

Not only this, as a beloved of the Lord, you need to separate yourself from people including fellow saints, to be alone with God for hours of refreshment in His presence. By so doing, you will be spiritually healthier, better and stronger. Therefore be separated. Jesus Christ also took time to separate Himself from His disciples to be alone with His Father. Why should you not do the same. After all, a time will always be when you will be alone with your God forever. This can be at anytime and anywhere.

 

If you need social Distancing to avoid Coronavirus and its victims, you need separation more to reap its benefits in this life and life after. May the Lord help you and every saints in Jesus name.
Stay blessed and prepared for the imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print