Laura's Calling Card
by PamFord Davis

My husband and I live in the far northeast corner of the State of Louisiana. We were vacationing in Tennessee when Hurricane Laura made its way through the Gulf of Mexico. We overdosed on the Weather Channel; waited and prayed for all in the path of the storm. Hurricanes are unpredictable; they can intensify and change direction or downsize and lose their strength.

Laura did intensify; making landfall as a strong category 4 hurricane. We left Tennessee early that same morning and made our 12 hour trip back home. We drove through patches of rain and strong wind gusts. I confess my concerns as we drove over the Mississippi River Bridge in Greenville. We were relieved to see no damage as we got closer to home.

The sun was shining when we pulled into the driveway. Laura had left her calling card. Small limbs from pecan trees were strewn all over our yard. I tackled the cleanup early the following morning. It was 2 & ½ hours of labor.

Gathering, I could identify with the work of God’s chosen people.

“But the king of Egypt said to them, ‘Moses and Aaron, why do you draw the people away from their work? Get back to your labors!’  Again Pharaoh said, ‘Look, the people of the land are now many, and you would have them cease from their labors!’  So the same day Pharaoh commanded the taskmasters over the people and their foremen, saying, ‘You are no longer to give the people straw to make brick as previously; let them go and gather straw for themselves (Exodus 5:4-7 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print