Creation Groans
by PamFord Davis

We complain about severe climatic conditions.

Creation groans.

“For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.  And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.  For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees (Romans 8:22-24 NASB)?”

Whether called great winds, hurricanes, whirlwinds or cyclones; creation groans. Don’t blame God.

“While he was still speaking, another also came and said, ‘Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, and behold, a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people and they died, and I alone have escaped to tell you.’

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said,

‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.’

Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God (Job 1:18-22 NASB).”

Wherever we may live, Americans face hazards. Californians deal with wildfires, earthquakes, Santa Anta winds and mudslides. Many western states experience sand storms and drought. Tornadoes haunt residents of tornado alley. The northern states, Midwest and New England cope with blizzards. Southern coastal states hunker down in hurricanes and tornado warnings. Most states experience severe thunderstorms and flooding.

I don’t believe in global warming; I do know that creation groans.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print