We Belong to Christ
by PamFord Davis

We have a desire to belong.

Did you belong to a childhood club or school sports team? Maybe you were welcomed into a high school sorority or honor society. You belonged. Others did not fit in.

Seeking affirmation and approval they gravitated to neighborhood gangs.

Many adults are influenced by false teachers and cult leaders. Though living a spiritual lie, they find a place to belong.

You can find lifelong significance. Trust Him. You can belong to Christ.

“So then let no one boast in men. For all things belong to you, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come; all things belong to you, and you belong to Christ; and Christ belongs to God (1 Corinthians 3:21-23 NASB).”

When belonging to Christ…

We are His people; His personal possession…

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds (Titus 2:11-14 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print