Laboring in Vain?
by PamFord Davis

You’ve likely completed countless household chores; work assignments or given your time as a volunteer.

Finishing, you thought…

Well, that was a waste of time!

Tomorrow, I’ll have to wash the same dishes, make up the same beds and sweep the same floors.

I just wrapped up that office deal; the boss has already put two more assignments on my desk.

Someone else is better qualified to tutor Johnny after school.

Why bother?

I labor in vain.

“Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The broad walls of Babylon shall be utterly broken, and her high gates shall be burned with fire; and the people shall labor in vain, and the folk in the fire, and they shall be weary (Jeremiah 51:58 KJV).”

Am I really laboring in vain?

Followers of Christ find renewed strength and encouragement in times of weariness.

“That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light… (Colossians 1:10-12 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print