Reality
by PamFord Davis

I’m not a fan of reality TV. I long for new programming with creativity and family values. Not expecting it, I fill the gap with Little House on the Prairie reruns. In reality, there has always been some bad programming.

How bad was it?

Do you remember The Gong Show?

It was bad on purpose. The show first aired in 1976 and was created and hosted by Chuck Barris. Contestants performed in front of a panel of celebrity judges. Most of the acts were bad; very bad. To show their dislike, a judge hit the gong. We lived in Southern California in 1977 and knew a man that tried out for The Gong Show. I don’t think his clown act made it to prime time.

I wonder if he heard the dreaded gong.

“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal (1 Corinthians 13:1 NASB).”

I don’t want to sound like a noisy gong.

Do you?

The world needs reality love.

“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print