BE MORE THAN SAVED
by linzy bruno

 

 

To be more than saved is to take your relationship deeper and to study, rather than just read the Word and make and keep Jesus as King in your life..... 

The doctrine of Salvation is the very essence of Christianity; however, the Bible teaches that this most vital doctrine is to be seen as our foundation in Christ, rather than the full counsel of God; Hebrews 6:1-3.

 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:  and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” (Matthew 7:24-27)

 Accepting Christ is key, but our journey is just beginning when we first come to know Him and the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us; God would like that we have a "heart on fire for Him,” which leads to a yearning to learn more about Him and His Character and grow closer to Him.

Once someone is saved, the Bible is clear that spiritual growth, through learning and humility, should be aggressively sought after. Of course, God has granted us free-will, therefore, this growth is up to us to take to whatever level we choose, and our salvation does not hinge on growth, but a sincere heart. However, it's important to note that when spiritual growth is stagnant, we cannot confidently go forward believing we are under God's Cover, or even His Will, and that we may be severely lacking in wisdom and direction. The Bible refers to this as being scarcely saved in 1Peter 4:18-19. (The spirit is willing, and the heart is sincere, but there is something getting in the way of growth.)

Moreover, there are special blessings in store for those who do not impose limits on their spiritual growth, but rather, crave it:

"not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;" Romans 12:11)

"But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." (1Thessalonians 3:3)

God's Word makes it clear that we are to take the matters of our faith seriously, as the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 2:12 that we are "work out our salvation with fear and trembling."

 (This instills that reverent fear we all need to abide in…)

Having the proper fear of the Lord keeps us from thinking we know it all; we see the need to continue learning. ****We need to see ourselves as “lifetime students of the Word.”

And in Hebrews 6:1-3, the writer urges his people to move on from the doctrine of salvation and go on to learn the whole counsel of God.

The Peril of Not Progressing (Heading in the New King James Version)

"Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this we will do if God permits." (Hebrews 6:1-3)

Furthermore……

Jesus said that we are to forsake our lives and follow Him. He said we ought to "count the cost;" that is to say, we need to be willing to give up our will for His Will and pick up our cross and follow Him:

"Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, even their own life-such a person cannot be my disciple. And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?" (Luke 14:25-28)

For prophecy students, the seriousness of our walk with Him becomes even more emphasized when we read what Jesus said to carnal Christians regarding the end of days. (The carnal are those who say they are Christians, but are far more interested in worldly matters and put their hope in the world's solutions, rather than in Christ.)

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)

Jesus is talking about what some will say on Judgment Day in these verses; those who are carnal will plead their case, but God knows their hearts are not devoted to Him, but to the world. Those who know about God, but do not have a relationship with Him are not saved and will be left here to face the 7 year tribulation; at which time they can still be saved, and some will be.

The Parable of the 10 Virgins is Jesus’ illustration of the sad condition of carnality that many are living in, in these Last Days. But we need not be surprised because Jesus said there would be a great falling away in 2Thessalonians 2:3:

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of ]sin is revealed, the son of perdition,”

The Parable of the Ten Virgins in Matthew 25 is another eye-opener:

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.  Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,  but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.****

Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

Afterward the other virgins came also, saying,

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.”

***** This signifies the end of the Church Age and God said: “My Spirit will not always strive with man;” another clue in Genesis 6:3-5.

 

It is also noteworthy that one third of the Bible is prophecy: the study of Eschatology or the study of the End Times. One way we see God's Foreknowledge and Sovereignty is through those prophecies already fulfilled, because first He said it, then it occurred; this lends credit to the Truth and reliability of God's Word and promises. God has told us that He doesn't do anything that will affect the whole world in a major way without letting His people know ahead of time to prepare them/us, Amos 3:7.

Here is a link to a great chart showing prophecies that have already been fulfilled:

 https://parish.rcdow.org.uk/swisscottage/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2014/11/44-Prophecies-Jesus-Christ-Fulfilled.pdf

As for future prophecies, they appear in many books, but the book expressly devoted to future prophetic fulfillment is the Book of Revelation, except for John's vision, which is spoken of in past tense, as the vision already happened; everything else is "will." It's all in future tense.

                                                                                           

THE BOOK OF REVELATION

***** God's Wrath is for the wicked. True believers are not appointed to Wrath.

 

I). In chapters 1-3, Jesus warns 5 of the 7 Churches. This implies that a great number of believers will not be ready, like the lukewarm church; the Church of Laodicea (Hillsong is one example of this condition.)

II). Even the Elect will be deceived. This implies that some believers will be duped by Satan. That’s why we’re seeing so many believers supporting the LGTQ and other ungodly groups, like BLM.

III). The Rapture happens in chapter 4, the rest of the book is geared toward Israel.

IV). The USA is not mentioned in the End Times scenario and is referred to as Mystery Babylon, that implies that America will be taken out before the really big attacks come on Israel. (Why is God going to punish America? The laws of the land are clashing with God’s Laws: abortion, the LGBTQ, ignoring violence in Democratic states. There are others, but the most disgusting one just became law in California; the law that says it’s not a crime to have sex with someone 10 years younger and other new adjustments made to accommodate pedophilia.) ALSO, God has been kicked out of many institutions including schools and courts in this country. America was founded on godly principles, but has turned away from those principles and away from GOD, thus, the Wrath of God is on America and that will increase until it’s highly visible and obvious and America is no more, through either war or huge earthquake/s or an asteroid. This is why America is called “Mystery Babylon: the great Whore of Babylon (Revelation 17)

*****America is the only nation that was faithful to God (in Christ) and then turned her back on HIM.

V). The rest of the book describes the 7 bowls that will be poured out on an unbelieving and unrepentant world; all of which are plagues, pestilences, wars, natural disasters and famine.

VI). The end of the book describes the new Heaven and the new earth that God will recreate the universe after the Great Tribulation (the final 3 and half years)

In chapters 1-3, Jesus warns 5 out of the 7 Churches. All but 2 Churches have departed from sound doctrine.

This represents Churches today, how they have departed from sound doctrine and have become "people pleasers;" afraid of losing their Church members. Hillsong Church and virtually all of the mega churches fit into the category of the "lukewarm church;" the Church of Laodicea.)

BELIEVERS ARE NOT APPOINTED TO WRATH

"For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1Thessalonians 5:9)

THE WRATH OF GOD is for the wicked, which is anyone without faith in the Lord Jesus. Jesus said:  “If you are not for Me, you are against Me.” (Matthew 12:30)


Romans 1:18
 - "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;"

John 3:36 - "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Romans 12:17-21 - "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.   (Read More...)

Isaiah 26:21 - "For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain."

Ezekiel 25:17 - "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

Nahum 1:2-6 - "God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.   (Read More...)

Revelation 20:15 - "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 19:11-21 - "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.   (Read More...)

2 Peter 2:9 - "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"

Matthew 10:28 - "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Psalms 7:11 - "God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day."

Matthew 7:13-14 - "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:   (Read More...)

Psalms 75:8 - "For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them."

Hebrews 10:26-31 - "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,   (Read More...)

John 15:6 - "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

Luke 12:5 - "But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

Galatians 5:19-21 - "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,   (Read More...)

Hebrews 9:22 - "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS FOR BELIEVERS

1). "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Proverbs 9:10) The fear of the Lord keeps us humble and we cannot learn very much about God and His expectations without abiding in humility. God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6b)

2). The Apostle Paul has said that we need to take our walk with God seriously:

"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presnce only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" (Philippians 2:12)

3). And God understands our weaknesses and emotional limitations; it's the motive and intention of the heart that truly matters:

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1Samuel 16:74). 

4). Furthermore, Jesus taught His disciples to "Count the cost:"

"For which of you; intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it--lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him." (Luke 14:28-29)

5). And Jesus also said that His followers need to lay down their own cross and pick up His Cross and follow HIM:

"Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me." (Luke 9:23)

6). But thanks be to God that He is merciful towards those whom He knows love Him, for He has declared it:

"So speak and so do as those who wil be judged by the law of liberty. For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment." (James 2:12-13)

7). The significance of Israel. Israel is God's Time Piece and the instrument He uses to speak to the whole world. This is of great value to understand prophetically speaking.

8). God wants His children to "grow up in Him and become sons and daughters." He wants us to learn the "meat of the Word," as opposed to remaining in the “milk of the word,” which is symbolic for spiritual growth. (Hebrews 5:12)

9). We are not all His children; only those who become adopted into His family by becoming "born again" believers, as Jesus teaches Nicodemus in John chapter 3 are His children.

10). God also uses numerology; that is He uses numbers to communicate messages for His people in a way that only they understand. God has protected His Word from the ungodly who seek to undermine Him and, thus, He keeps His Secrets, for only the godly to understand. (He also uses symbolism to conceal certain things.) We can readily find articles on this subject through google searches.

THE 6 RULES OF BIBLE INTERPRETATION (I find these quite helpful!)

----THE RULE OF......

1). Divine Authority---accepting that the Bible is our final authority

2). Literal Interpretation---If it makes sense, seek no other sense.

3). Contextual Consideration---Consider the context of the verse, who is speaking to who, etc....

4). First Mention---The first appearance of a word holds the meaning of that word in all of Scripture. For example: God uses the word "serpent" to describe Satan in the Garden of Eden, thus, wherever the word "serpent" appears, it is referring to Satan.

5). Cumulative Revelation--This is why it's so important to familiarize yourself with the whole counsel of God; we don't turn off the television until the movie ends, we watch till the end and take it all in......

6). Repetition---When God repeats certain words or phrases, it means, pay extra close attention!

 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;”
 (Proverbs 3:5)

 

All Scripture Taken From NKJV & KJV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print