ADDICTIONS AND IDOLS
by Lupie Riley

 

Thought:  There's something unusual that's come out of the covid pandemic and I'm not sure many people have noticed it.  The hand of God is moving through it all and he's calling his people to repentance.  He's taken away all their addictions and idols.  Entertainment (theaters) have been shut down, sports have come to halt, restaurants are closed and  with lock down people have been isolated from those things that would normally be considered distractions in God's eyes.  Things that would take away from their time spent with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his Word.  He's been shoved to the attic of their heart and they might open that door once a week to fulfil their obligation to go to church and at this time that is limited or not at all. However, In a normal week their time would be spent with one or more of these distractions. 
 
For so many Christians their main focus on these idols have become an obsession  preventing them  from having a  relationship with the One who is now a part of them through the spiritual rebirth.
Their locked up in their own homes with time to reflect at what's really important.  With all the chaos and turmoil in the world today it's a wake up call to put back God back in first place in their lives again. The other option would be to live in fear with the thought they might die if they contracted the virus. The fear of the unknown after this life paralyzes and intimidates those who see nothing down the road to hope for, the end.
 
For the Christian, who by faith has accepted the gospel account of who Jesus is (God in the flesh) and what he's done for them (one time sacrifice of his life for sin) defeating death by his resurrection and who now offers forgiveness and eternal life for all who come to him for Salvation.  He gives us a future and hope that something better is coming when it's our time to leave this world..a place called Heaven.  Upon His return to set up his millennium kingdom,  life will go on in a brilliant, restored Earth for 1,000 years.  It will be a Golden age of Christ's reign as King of Kings. 
Even after covid fades away are we willing to give up our idols to serve only God and his will for us?
Prayer:  Father God, you are our only hope for the future.  You paved the way for forgiveness and eternal life in a place called Heaven through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.  Thank you Father that we have a future even after this life is over. amen
 
Verse: Before anything else existed, there was Christ with God.  He has always been alive and is himself God.  He created everything there is--nothing exists that he didn't make.  Eternal life is in him and this life gives light to all mankind.  His is the light that shines through the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it. v. 12,13 But to all who received him, he gave the right to become children of God.  All they need to do was to trust him to save them.   All those who believe this are reborn! not a physical rebirth resulting from human passion or plan--but from the will of God. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print