Live to Eat or Eat to Live?
by PamFord Davis

Do you count calories and read label information?

I’m not a calorie counter but do sometimes read information pertaining to calories, fat and sodium on product labels. The readout on my bathroom scales reveals the full story.

Do I eat to live or live to eat?

I’ve heard that some people eat like a bird (in miniscule amounts).

Parent to child…‘Don’t play with your food; you eat like a bird!’

Elijah ate what he received ‘from the birds.’

“As the Lord, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, surely there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.’ The word of the Lord came to him, saying, ‘Go away from here and turn eastward, and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. It shall be that you will drink of the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there.’  So he went and did according to the word of the Lord, for he went and lived by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he would drink from the brook (1 Kings 17:1b-6 NASB).” 

God will provide.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print