Passing Your Buck On Innocent Ministers?
by Olawale Ogunsola

A minister of God holds a prominent role in the affairs of men. He is God's ambassador on the planet earth. He is the Lord's mouth piece. The Lord God speaks through Him. God honors the words of every minister who remains faithful to Him in His fear. Whatever he says comes to pass. This does not happen in the past alone but it is happening today and it will continue to, irrespective of the wrong views and impressions anybody may have.

 

Because a minister of God takes care of the spiritual aspect of human dealings, he is in many cases misquoted and misconstrued. In some cases it comes from those who do not know and do not want to.

 

Do you know that many times, people shift their blame or fault on a minister of God? He may not even know it himself. He is held responsible for the wrong of another's evil thoughts, words or deeds.

 

To drive this point home, let us consider Elijah's experience in the first Kings chapter seventeen when he was the guest of a widow who had a lone son. It was the Lord who commanded his servant to go to Zarephat to dwell with the widow who will feed him.

 

Their association brought life into the household because the two met at a point when death not only knocked at the door of that widow but had entered into the house to claim her life and that of her son with hunger.

 

Elijah's prophetic pronouncement brought abundance into that household to survive the famine on rampage in the land during the period.

 

Do you know that this woman did not recognise Eliijah as "a man of God" and "that the word of God in his mouth is the truth?" she nursed this in her heart because there is no record in the Scriptures to show that she told anyone. Yet, it can not be ruled out that she may have discussed it with some of her friends, after all, every woman is blessed with a very strong verbal power. She may have done so innocently or intentionally. God knows better and He allowed her to empty her heart's content directly to the prophet.

 

How?

 

The lone son of the widow fell sick to the point of death. When he gave up the ghost, what was the cry of this woman to Elijah?

 

"What have I to do with you, O man of God? Have you come to me to bring my sin to remembrance and to kill my son?" I Kings 17:18.

 

She covered the contents of her heart with her words of blame on the minister of God. She found fault with him. She brought the blame of her son's death to the door step of Prophet Elijah. In her simple and direct words, his presence killed her son. Wrereas, she had earlier to Elijah,
'As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar ; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it and die. " verse 12.

 

How then can his presence again bring death to her son? The Lord has a way to humble the proud or to right the wrong thoughts of a man. He has many ways of revealing hidden things of the secret.

 

To God be the glory, always! By the hand of Elijah, the son was revived. This single result convinced the woman that a true minister of God is resident with her and that his God recognises him very well.

 

She emptied the contents of her hearts thus,
"Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is the truth" verse 24.

 

Under the umbrella of a man of God, when the unusual or the unexpected negative takes place, the easiest and the best thing to do for people, believers and unbelievers alike, is to blame a man of God for the evil contents, of their hearts that bring the negative.

 

Are you one of those who blame everything on the man of God? Have a change of heart today. A member of the church who chose to be poor because he is lazy and not ready to work under a blessed minister cannot blame his poverty on the man of God.

 

Note that I recognise the fact that there are ministers of God who feast on people's ignorance but it is not all men of God who do so.
Stay blessed and prepared to meet Christ who will come soon.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print