What Would He Do?
by PamFord Davis

Some people refuse to do certain things on Sunday. They’re adamant. The younger generation knows nothing of restricted Sunday routines. Over the past few decades more and more businesses have expanded service. I remember well Perones’ Drug Store in Chittenango, New York. They offered genuine customer service. The owner opened his doors to my Dad after normal business hours to fill an urgently needed prescription. Today, large pharmacies face each other at busy intersections. Competition keeps them open 24-7.

Christ followers honor Him all week long. Yet, Sunday is a special time set aside for worship and rest. Love compels us; not legalism. Our family moved from Arkansas to Texas back in the early 1980’s. While packing for the move, we neglected to clean out the cabinet that held our pots and pans. Upon arrival we discovered our loss. That Sunday we went to a large grocery store for essentials. We could buy food items but not the needed pots and pans. The aisle was roped off because it was Sunday.

What ‘would’ Jesus do?

“Now it happened that He was passing through some grainfields on a Sabbath; and His disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating the grain. But some of the Pharisees said, ‘Why do you do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?’ And Jesus answering them said, ‘Have you not even read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him, how he entered the house of God, and took and ate the consecrated bread which is not lawful for any to eat except the priests alone, and gave it to his companions?’ And He was saying to them, ‘The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:1-5 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print