YOUTH AND SUICIDE
by Lupie Riley

 
Thought:  Last year my granddaughter came home from school very distressed by the recent suicides of a couple of acquaintances. How do we answer the reasons behind our youth taking their own life? 
 
 My research has come up with some alarming sources.  Since medical professionals came up with the diagnose of ADHD due to behavioral problems in our youth the pharmaceutical Company's suddenly became billionaires.  Medication such as Adderall (that can cause bipolar disorder), Ritalin, Concerta, Strattera, Focalin ( can cause suicidal tendencies) could be some of reasons suicide in our youth has increased.  Global statistics reveal 800,000 people die from suicide every year.  That's 1 death every 40 seconds. 
Other contributors would be dysfunctional families, illegal drugs, rock song lyrics, (check your children's songs out and talk to them if there is any reference to suicide), Video games, world events and the most dangerous is loss of Hope, a purpose for living.  The indoctrination of evolution from an early age leaves them at a dead end. No Hope for a life after this one is over.  No Hope for an eternal life that goes on after the earthly life is over or a better peaceful world with a leader they can trust, King Jesus.  When God was taken out of the picture in our schools that Hope was robbed from our children who were forced with only one way to think about the origins and destiny of life without God.
 
I pray for everyone of my grandchildren by name everyday for three things to bless them with as a weapon against the spiritual warfare they encounter in their world.  DECERNMENT (recognizing the enemy and His temptations, POWER through Christ to resist anything that would harm them and WISDOM to make good choices for themselves. Grandparents, pray for your grandchildren. It's a tough world out there with decisions they have to make every day between good and Evil. Lead them to Jesus for Salvation and renewed HOPE with a purpose and plan for their lives.  He's coming soon !
 
Prayer:  Father God, impart upon our grandchildren those weapons they can use against the enemy, Satan.  Give them HOPE for a better life that will go on forever in a place Jesus has prepared for all your children. 
 
Verse:  I transposed this verse for my grandchildren as a prayer.  Psalms 25:4,5 "Show them the path where they should go, O', Lord; point out the right road for them to walk.  Lead them, teach them; for you are the God who gives them Salvation.  They have no HOPE except in you.  Overlook their youthful sins, O'Lord, Look at them instead through eyes of mercy and forgiveness, through eyes of everlasting love and kindness." 


Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print