House Calls
by PamFord Davis

It might not be making top headlines but flu season has arrived.

I’ve already had my flu shot. It was mandatory when I worked in a childcare ministry; it’s still a good precaution. The flu can be serious; many people require hospitalization with a great number losing their lives.

My earliest memories of the flu date back to the late 1950’s. I caught the flu.

The saying holds true; misery loves company. I had plenty. Though long ago, I remember our 2 living room couches opened into beds. Frank and Betty’s children had come down sick with the flu.

We ran fevers, had coughs and body aches. Mom probably asked our family physician (Dr. Platz) to make a house call.

Jesus is the great physician. The LORD makes house calls.

“Now He arose from the synagogue and entered Simon’s house. But Simon’s wife’s mother was sick with a high fever, and they made request of Him concerning her. So He stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And immediately she arose and served them (Luke 4:38-39 NKJV).”

Though comforting and nutritious, chicken soup is not a miracle cure.

Jesus spoke the word; He rebuked the fever.

Simon Peter’s mother-in-law was healed!  



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print