What Youth Need To Concentrate On That They Haven't
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you a youth and you're wondering what you should concentrate on at this time? Then this post is for you. Surely, there is time and season for everything. And if you miss what you're to be doing at this time, then your future will be compromised. So, this post tells you what you need to concentrate on at this time.

I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, because you have known the Father - 1 John 2:13 (NKJV).

Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, "I have no pleasure in them - (Ecclesiastes 12:1 NKJV).

As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle - Job 29:4 (KJV).

Introduction

The youth are the pillars of tomorrow and whoever rules them now decides what their tomorrow will be. This is why it's important to catch them for Christ while they're still young. However, the enemy is also after them. So, we need to show them the way (Christ) early enough. This will empower them to overcome the wicked one when he comes after them.

You Have Overcome The Enemy

According to John (1 John 2:13), young men have overcome the wicked one. This means that every youth, as far as it depends on God Almighty, has the capacity to overcome the enemy. So, it's now left for them to tap into this potential and carve out a great future for themselves.

Unfortunately, many of our present youth are not overcoming the enemy. Rather they're yielding to him. And whoever you yield yourself to obey becomes your master, whom you will serve. So, many of our youth are servants to the enemy. For instance, our youth are into the worldly activities, which include: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like. (Galatians 5:19-21).

What the youth need to concentrate on at this time

The youth, if they desire to fulfill their destinies and have good success, need to

1. Know their Creator (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

This is the number one thing they need to concentrate on. This is because when they do; they will know who they are in Christ and their inheritance in Christ. Also, this will establish them in the faith. And when the difficult days come they will not say that they don't have pleasure in the things of God. Rather, they will overcome the wicked one.

2. Cleanse themselves (2 Timothy 2:21)

This is the appropriate time to prepare yourself for success in the future. And one of the things to do is to purge yourself of all iniquities, which will prepare you for the master's use. So, for God to help you fulfil your destiny you need to cleanse your ways and make yourself fit. And the youth can cleanse his ways by heeding to the word of God (Psalm 119:9).

3. Have access to the secrets of God (Job 29:4)

Success in life depends on traded secrets. And God, who is the creator of the universe, reveals His secrets to His children (Deuteronomy 29:29). Furthermore, it's easier to access these secrets as a youth, since responsibilities are not much at this time. And these secrets help you to avoid failures that you can avoid. And seeking God in fasting and prayers for His secrets will grant you access to the secrets of God.

Scriptural Examples

David (1 Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22)

King David was a man who concentrated on knowing his Creator and His secrets, and he also ensured that he cleansed his ways. Furthermore, he prepared himself and made himself fit for the master's use as a youth. And God ordained him a king as a young man. Though his elder brothers were there, God chose him. This was so because he paid more attention to what makes for success in life, which is God.

Daniel (Daniel 1)

This young man Daniel had an opportunity to give himself to enjoyment at the expense of his work with God. But he and his friends chose to concentrate on what was important: which was to obey their God. And in the end, God honoured him and his friends. And they were ten times better than the others who gave themselves to evil enjoyment. And this success was in all areas that they were tested

Conclusion

Indeed, there is a time and season for everything in life. And what the youth do with their youthful ages determines what they will reap in their older ages. So, it's important that the youth maximize this time for their spiritual work with God. And in the process prepare for success in life.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print