WIDOWS INDEED (3)
by Olawale Ogunsola

For you to grab the real value from this piece, I advise that you read the first two articles preceeding this. Then will you appreciate what this content is saying. You will not then see the writer from a negative perspective.

 

Let me start this way: it is not every woman who lost her husband to the cold hand of death is a widow. What do I mean? There are certain women whose husband are dead but do not come under the category of Widows Indeed. This is not only true but scripturally backed.

 

Is that the case? What are those things that qualifies a widow to be one indeed?

 

One, according to Apostle Paul in his letter to his son in the Lord, Timothy, he made it clear that every widow who is not yet sixty years should not be taken to be a widow indeed. His advice was that it is better for them to remarry and maintain a descent home. I Timothy 5:9a;11.

 

Two, loneliness is a condition for being a widow indeed, or a true widow. Every widow who has no one to take care of her fit to be brought under the category of a real widow. Such a widow has no one to turn to except her. Maker, God. Every of her hope is in God only. ITim 5:5. Her engagement is to pray and serve the Lord with all her might.

 

Three, a real widow must be a woman who has always been responsible in her home. Someone who had the time, and still has it, to take care of her children. This type of widow may have young children that need to be cared for and must be ready to do so. Do you know that there are certain widows who are not in any way ready to be responsible for caring for their little ones? They only fend for themselves, before and after the demise of their husbands? They are many I Timothy 5:4. This will make their children responsible in the future if they are well brought up.

 

Four, every widow who has children and grand children who can take care of her ought not to become a burden to the church of God. Her children must be well educated to know that they can serve the Lord in the life of their mother. To repay their parent is a good and acceptable work before God I Tim 5:4.

 

The children of certain widows are comfortable enough to care for their widow mother and other widows around them. They should do a good work for God.

 

Women in this group should free other less privileged widow to reap or enjoy church or society's provision by not sharing with them what church has to give.

 

Five. A widow who cannot exercise self - control should not be regarded as a true widow. Self-control or self - discipline is a gift of the spirit to be manifested by every child of God. However, any widow who lacks this fruit of the spirit should remarry so that she will not fall into sin. This will not give room for the enemy of the church to speak reproachfully. I Timothy 5:14.

 

This reminds me of a message sent to me on whatsapp sometime ago. It was about a minister of God who cares for widows of all ages. One day, he assembled one hundred women who claimed to be widows and a test was given them.

 

What was this test?

 

He asked them "Who among you have not slept with another man since the demise of your husband, raise up your hand?

 

The result was amazing! Only twenty widows were able to raise their hands. The remaining eighty widows were involved in one form of love affairs or the other with another man. Can you call them true widows.

 

Six, the best name for certain women who lost husband is not a widow but a murderer. Reason, they are instrumental to their husband's loss of life. It cannot be recorded about certain widows that she did good and not evil to her husband all the days of their living together Pro 31:12. Some widow did evil in various forms to eliminate their husbands, are they widows indeed.

 

Seven. Those who have cast of their first faith. By so doing, they have condemnation. There are certain widows who have "become idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busy bodies saying things which they ought not. I Timothy 5:12-13. This group is not part of widows Indeed.

 

Do you know there are widows who make merchandise of widowhood? Wherever they find themselves, they happily proclaim their widowhood to attract sympathy and assistance from the right or wrong persons, from righteous or unrighteous fellows. This ought not be so. While these group do this, another group of widows find it difficult to declare themselves so.

 

It is the duty of the church of God to care for widows but they must be real widows who are loved by the Lord and love Him in return. ITim 5:16, I Cor 7:9.
Ask yourself if you are a widow reading this, "Am I a widow indeed?"
Stay blessed and prepared for the imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print