WIDOWS INDEED (4)
by Olawale Ogunsola

"Now she that is a widow indeed and desolate, trusteth in God,
and continueth in supplication and prayers night and day." I Timothy 5:5 King James Version.

 

To God be the glory who has given us the Holy Bible as a guide on our journey in this life. He gives us specific instructions that has no confusion in it whatsoever.

 

The Scriptures have sufficient provisions for widows and orphans. The Church of the Lord is instructed and expected to bear their burdens at all times. They must not be left alone nor be ill-treated by anyone. Whoever tries to cheat or maltreat a widow or an orphan will surely incur the wrath of the Lord. Exodus 22:22-24.

 

It was the care of the widows that formed the need for the first set of deacons, see Acts 6:1-6. Since that time, the church had always been caring for widows. And this must continue.

 

On the other hand, Apostle Paul called the attention of Timothy, his son in the faith, to a pertinent truth ; which is widows indeed. This points to the fact that there are certain widows who are not real widows. If they existed in Bible days, they are multiplied in this end of the age when deceit is part of the signs. False or deceitful widows are everywhere because certain people (women) want to rape the church of her provisions to deny real widows of their own rights.

 

Let us consider two groups of people here who are not in any way real widows:
During the cause of writing this tittle of four parts, a radio presenter narrated his experience with a fake widow.

 

What was his experience?

 

During COVID19 pandemic, this presenter, his employer and other well meaning people gathered money and food items for distribution to the needy. This was palliatives during the lock-down engendered by Coronavirus (COVID 19) and it was done in groups. When it was the time for the widows, the man announced the time every widow should come for her palliative.

 

This was about five dollars and a number of food items per person.

 

On that day, the items were distributed, this man said he asked a woman among them "Are you sure that you are a widow?" three times with an advice that "if you are not, please do not take what belong to a widow." This woman said, "Yes sir! I am a widow indeed!"

 

What followed?

 

A few months later, this woman visited the programme presenter in his place of work to explain something. She explained that she was not a widow by the time she came to collect gifts meant for widows. However, she is now a true widow because she lost her husband and two children in a car accident that involved a truck when the three were returning home from her children's school. She craved to be a widow and sooner than later because one. Although she was said to narrate how she gave the gifts to other people but that could not cancel her declaration and desire.

 

A widow indeed?

 

Let me introduce another dimension to this discussion. What can one say about a woman who has a spiritual husband? Have you heard of this before? The truth is that there are such women. Now, if the woman killed her husband that she may enjoy her relationship with her spirit husband, is she a widow indeed or not?

 

Not only this, sometimes the woman may love the physical man but still maintain the spirit husband. There are cases of the spirit husbands who arranged the death of the physical husbands in various ways. If such a woman becomes a known widow to mankind, retaining the spirit husband, is she a widow indeed? Let us leave such cases as this for God to judge. There are hidden secrets that only God knows. By the time He judges, He brings the known and hidden secrets into account.

 

It is expedient to act well our parts as children of God in His grand plan. Those who know the truth should hold on to the truth and live by the truth. Let the church live up to her responsibilities in caring for the widows ; those who are not widows indeed know themselves and must separate from those who are real widows, so that they will not impair the rights of genuine widows.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print