Imitate Me
by Olawale Ogunsola

One of the natural and commonest things to do is to see the mistakes of others. It is easier to see others faults but not our own faults and mistakes. Do you even know that many times we don't want anyone to point out our faults? Many of the times our fault is pointed out, we are offended. In other cases, we strongly defend it. This is natural.

 

I have come across many people who complain about a fault in others that is also in them. They complain bitterly but they either do not know they have same faults or they know but they are using that of others people to cover their own. Identifying your faults directly or indirectly gives room for rectifying them, by s doing you become a better person.

 

A woman recently complained to her Pastor that he should help her to speak to her last child, a girl of about twenty years old in year 2020. What is the problem with her? She accused her of having too many friends and running after young men. Her Pastor asked the woman how she spent her own youthful days. The church member agreed that this young girl take after her, the mother.

 

The man of God reminded her that he met a remnant of such bad manners in the woman because he was used of God to nail the coffin of that bad ways of living.

 

How soon do fathers and mothers forget their past?

 

In one form or another, do you know you are a leader? Whether you know it or not, you are one. Do you know that you may know your followers and it is possible you may not know them.

 

An example of your followers that you will know as a leader are your children and other members of your household. They watch you intently and do things like daddy or mummy. You do not need to verbally instruct them, but they learn from you by observation of how you do or say things. If you are not careful, they stand the chance of overdoing what they have learnt from you. If it is a bad way of life, tendency is high that you will surely lament over him or her, except a positive change later comes up. However, if it is a very good way of life, you will be proud of it and rejoice that you have a good follower.

 

Those who follow you that you may not know are those who are around you in your place of work or where you are living who may not be close to you but are interested in you. This group also include those who read your books or listen to your music or message in a form or another. That is why how you live your life now will surely have a direct effect on the next generation because you must have influenced certain people who will outlive you ; positively or negatively.

 

Apostle Paul had a perfect understanding of this truth, that was the reason he lived a life worthy of emulation and encouraged his followers to do so. Hear him in I Corinthians 14:16-17,
"Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved
and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in
Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church."

 

The question now is, "Can you utter those words?" Do you have a son or daughter who is beloved and faithful who has a perfect understanding of your good ways and teach others? In essence, what are your ways? Do you know Jesus Christ and have you accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour? How are your ways in Jesus Christ? Are you proud of it? Is your Creator glad at you? Can you utter those words of Apostle Paul? Do you go about teaching an enviable way of life in Jesus Christ?

 

Take time to consider this question, "How will the whole world be if everyone is like me? " Define it yourself. Assess yourself faithfully. You should not be a stranger to yourself. By what you know about yourself and what people say about you, will there be peace on earth if everyone on it takes after you? Or will peace be elusive if all people were like you?

 

What next now?

 

Do a thorough examination and evaluation of your ways of life. Eliminate all those hitching qualities that can prevent you from saying "Imitate Me". Put on a new leaf. That is why you need Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour of your life. Be closer to the Holy Bible by reading it and meditating in it in the day and in the night, Joshua 1:8. Go ahead to put into practice every instruction you come across in it. By so doing, you will be a person who can say, "Imitate me" to other individuals as well as group of people.
Stay blessed and prepared for the iminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
Note: All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print