Christmas, Lost and Found
by PamFord Davis

I was 3 or 4 years old.

It was the Christmas season; a time for shopping and portraits with Santa.

Mom and Aunt Dorothy planned the perfect shopping trip. They could buy gifts; my siblings, cousin and I could visit Santa. After going into a department store, Mom was busy looking through dresses. Staying close to her, I played below the dress rack. Suddenly, I realized Mom was gone.

Thinking I was still with them, they had all left the department store.

I wasn’t; I was lost and afraid.

Seeing a place to hide at the bottom of a sales counter, I climbed inside.

A clerk found me crying and stood me up on top of the counter.

From there, I could be spotted by someone looking for me. I might also see my mother in the crowd.

At about the same time I saw Aunt Dorothy.

The clerk asked if she was my mother.

Close enough.

My family had discovered I was missing; they retraced their steps and found me.

I was lost and found.

Missing 12 year old Jesus, Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem. (Luke 2:41-52)

Jesus wasn’t lost. He seeks and saves the lost!

“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:10 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print