Pest
by PamFord Davis

Ask and keep on asking.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7 NASB).”

Be persistent.

“A prayer of a righteous person, when it is brought about, can accomplish much (James 5:16 NASB).”

Jesus gave us a perfect example of asking (and asking some more). The main character in His parable was a persistent widow. Some might even say she was a pest…

“Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not become discouraged, saying, ‘In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect any person. Now there was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me justice against my opponent.’ For a while he was unwilling; but later he said to himself, ‘Even though I do not fear God nor respect any person, yet because this widow is bothering me, I will give her justice; otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.’” And the Lord said, ‘Listen to what the unrighteous judge said;now, will God not bring about justice for His elect who cry out to Him day and night, and will He delay long for them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth (Luke 18:1-8 NASB)?

‘Have Faith in God, He’ll Answer Yet.’
[Hymn: Have Faith in God/ B.B. McKinney 1886-1952]



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print