Three Constants in Life
by Mark Nickles

            They say that only two things in life are certain: death and taxes. In reality, there are many more things which are certain in life. I want to share three of them with you, today.

            The first thing that we can be absolutely certain about is God’s love for all people. Romans 5:8 says, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”       This verse tells us that, even as most of mankind harbored an uncaring attitude toward God, he sacrificed his son for ALL people. Jesus went to the cross, knowing full-well that many would reject him, and even curse his name. However you feel about him, God loves YOU.

            The second thing of which we can have total certainty is God’s forgiveness for those who want to change. In Acts 3:18-20, the Apostle Peter encouraged people in this way: “But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled. Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus”. To repent means to turn away from a former way of life; to change. When anyone comes to Christ, willing to turn from their sin and turn to him, God ALWAYS forgives.

            Finally, we can be certain about God’s call on the lives of his people. Ephesians 2:10 refers to Christians as “God’s workmanship”, and says we were created to do good things. 1 Peter 2:9 describes God’s people as “chosen”, “royal” and “holy”, and says that our purpose is to tell others of his greatness. God has a purpose for all people, but they must accept his love and repent of doing things their way in order to receive his purpose and plan.

            Is God’s unconditional love, complete forgiveness and eternal purpose appealing to you? You can have it ALL, at the very moment you surrender to Jesus as your Savior and Lord.



Mark Nickles is a husband, father of three, and a pastor in Northeastern Oklahoma. Copyright, Mark A. Nickles.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print